Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
Vacancy number: VNMOLG00235
Vacancy type: Local Contracted
Grade: G4Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Chisinau
Date of issue: 29 June 2020
Deadline for application: 27 July 2020 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
The incumbent provides IT Help desk support to Mission users in Chisinau, Tiraspol and Bender. The incumbent also assists and when required backstops and supports the maintenance of communication services and communication infrastructures (including satellite and radio communication). The incumbent shall report to the CFA and Senior ICT assistant on all ICT related issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of the CFA and guidance from Senior ICT Assistant an incumbent:
• Acts as first point of contact for day-to-day activities related to ICT. In coordination with ICT Senior Assistant responds to requests for assistance from users and inputs and categorise the calls into a database. Maintains accurate log entries of requests with fault details and solutions. If necessary, searches documentation and previous requests for assistance on related topics to find solution in the most effective way. Visits staff offices for verification and solving of problems;
• In coordination with Senior ICT Assistant tests new software and hardware products; prior to installation for users. Configures and install new computers and networks in the LAN environment and redistribute existing equipment. This includes configuration of Windows workstations, LAN printers, scanners, etc. Performs workstation testing after deployment at end-user workspace; briefs user on basic operation and handling. Ensures smooth operation, maintenance, upgrade, and repair of the Mission ICT equipment;
• Manages proper configuration of file/print servers of the Mission. In case of technical irregularities ensures repair of the servers and troubleshooting. Regularly performs back-up of the Mission servers, ensure all data is stored in reserve. Conducts period recovery test. Assists users with restoring of documents from backups and archives. Assists users in organizing video/voice conferences connection.
• Assists, advises and trains mission members in using all installed PC applications. Performs short training sessions on the use of satellite and radio equipment if necessary.
• Registers end-users in the file/print server of the Mission, maintains and supports their profiles, and coordinates with Central ICT Service Desk in Secretariat to create users account for corporate applications;
• Checks and arranges proper maintenance of satellite and radio communication equipment of the Mission and its Offices; Maintains ICT equipment pools, ensuring and tracking equipment handover.
• Performs other duties as required. May be called to drive official vehicles
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova.
• Secondary education or technical school combined with formal professional training in IT and communication technologies.
• MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) Certification in one of the one of the following areas: MCDST, MCSA or Microsoft Office Specialist is a strong asset.
• Any other Microsoft Certifications can be also considered.
• minimum 3 years Help Desk or Network Administration experience within an ISP or Internet company;
• Established working knowledge of the following operating systems/applications: Windows 2008/2012 server, Windows 7/8/10, MS Office, Anti-virus and information security solutions; and of major networking components, network operating systems and basic computer hardware components.
• Working knowledge of basic Internet technologies e.g. TCP/IP,FTP, etc.
• Working experience and skills in Unix/Linux are desirable
• Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software troubleshooting;
• Knowledge or familiarity with satellite and radio communication equipment;
Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and Russian in addition to local language.
•Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
•Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
•Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
•Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
•Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
•Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
•Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
•Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
•Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
•Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
•Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
•Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
•Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
Monthly remuneration is EUR 539.92, OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Moldova. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment. Please note that CVs and other applications submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form will not be reviewed. Applications received after the deadline, submitted without reference to the vacancy number or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE retains the discretion to readvertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Only those applicants who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.