Peace Corps Moldova is looking for qualified and motivated candidate for a part time position of Blended Learning Consultant for Training Content and Delivery for the Community and Organizational Development (COD) Program.
The Scope of Work for the Consultant will focus on revising, adjusting and digitalizing the training resources into a format that will allow COD technical training to be delivered in a blended style, combining on-line classroom, face-to-face instruction, and field-based activities. Majority of the communication and activities are expected to be conducted online, with limited in person contact.
Tentative period of contract (might be subject of changes): February- August, 2021 (15 - 25 hours/week and not to exceed 360 hours; over the course of 24 weeks).
Major Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diversify PC training materials and delivery methods in the context of the blended approach for COD PCVs training courses.
- Works collaboratively with Peace Corps (PC) staff to revise the training curriculum designed to prepare the learners to work as organizational development facilitators within Moldovan NGOs and public institutions.
- Supports COD team in adjusting training sessions from face-to-face to blended learning format, identifying session components suitable for online instruction and ensuring that the used training methods and tools are interactive and diverse.
- Prepares online training materials (presentations, videos, reading materials, infographics, and quizzes) and uploads them to the online learning platform.
- Creates online assignments based on the training content delivered both online and face-to-face.
- Proofreads activities and uploaded resources.
- Prepares evaluations, collects feedback from learners and synthesizes recommendations for improvement of training content and delivery methods.
- Based on the evaluation, makes the necessary adjustments to the training materials
Work Experience Requirements and Qualifications:
- Two years of progressively responsible work training adults, facilitation of topics related to civil society organizational capacity building and community engagement and development.
- Familiarity with instructional design and participatory facilitation of group experiences.
- Basic knowledge of Learning Management Systems, specifically Moodle 3.6, is an advantage. OR Availability and interest to participate in an intensive training course on Moodle 3.6 provided by Peace Corps (2 hours of online instructions + 4 hours of assignments per week for 8 weeks). Consultant’ time spent on this training will not be counted as work time.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- Professional use of Microsoft suite.
- Good interpersonal and team-oriented workstyle, cultural sensitivity.
- Intercultural experience training or supporting foreign partners, preferably US citizens.
- Good knowledge of current tendencies in non-profit sector in Moldova, and community development approaches to civic engagement.
- Experience in designing and delivering online training is an advantage.
- University or college degree in non-profit management, public or business administration, social work, education or related fields.
Interested candidate should submit the Resume and a short letter of interest highlighting relevant skills and experience (not more than one page) at [email protected] January 6, 2021