People in Need Moldova
Request for Expression of Interest
Fundraising /M&E Officer
Type of Appointment:
9 months, with a possibility of extension
Chisinau, with periodical travel to other project destinations throughout Moldova
People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Moldova for the last 16 years, has an office in Chisinau and currently provides development support to the local population in four focus areas: social protection and inclusion, sustainable livelihoods and environment, good governance, and human rights.
People in Need is recruiting a Fundraising/M&E Officer to be part of the team of approximately 11 people and to be responsible for the overall support in identifying and pursuing fundraising opportunities as well as incorporating the findings in the projects’ design. The responsibilities will also include contributing to project design and proposal development, developing and keeping updated the country M&E framework, including desk research and assessments, involvement in log frame and indicator development, and supporting projects staff on monitoring and evaluating of the ongoing projects.
B. SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Fundraising/M&E Officer will be supporting programme staff in M&E activities as well as offer the overall support in proposal development for People in Need Moldova. The Fundraising/M&E Officer will be based in Chisinau with occasional business trips to the field, will work in close coordination with People in Need’s senior management in Moldova, and will report to the Country Director.
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a collaborative partnership with Programme Support Officer, Program Managers and under the supervision of People in Need’s Country Director, the Fundraising/M&E Officer is responsible for overall fundraising and M&E components.
In particular, the Fundraising/M&E Officer shall work to:
- Provide support to the Country Director in identifying and pursuing fundraising opportunities.
- Support project design by participating in field assessments and/or performing desk research, involve in log frame development and participate in drafting relevant sections of proposals
- Utilize PIN and donor required M&E systems and design a realistic M&E plan for the Country Program.
- Support the project staff and participate in conducting M&E activities (baseline, end line surveys, other surveys and data collection activities, ToR preparation etc), and
- Measuring results, M&E tools and methodologies.
- Recruit and train enumerators for data collection (for large-scale surveys), when needed.
- Conduct independent monitoring of project activities according to the schedule agreed with CD.
- Support project teams in data analysis and reporting.
- Serve as a focal person for complaint/ feedback response mechanism.
D. KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The successful candidate will be able to work with the team actively pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development programs.
- Proven experience and good knowledge of project design
- Understanding of and experience in the use of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Technology Awareness - Demonstrated experience with MS Office suite application particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, social media skills an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Romanian (excellent writing skills, listening, reading, and speaking) required. Russian communication skills are a strong advantage.
- Communications - Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
- Planning & Organizing - Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Qualification: A university degree in a related field
E. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Country Director
F. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
The position is required for 9 months with an expected start in May 2020.
G. SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: Mobile operator and state/private health insurance.
H. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of two references that might include the supervisor in the most recent work assignment
The above shall be sent to the following address: email@example.com and use subject heading: Ref: Fundraising/M&E Officer.
Deadline for applications: May 10, 2020, by COB
Note: The successful candidates will be interviewed upon receipt of applications, which means, there is no need to wait for the deadline to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls please.