Protection Technical Officer Moldova Ocnita
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The Protection Technical Officer will lead and coordinate the implementation of the protection activities in designated areas.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement delegated duties according to plan of action;
- Record and file information correctly;
- Work with diverse groups of people, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Contribute and participate in periodic and need-based market assessments to inform project design decisions;
- Promote and share ideas that will help NRC respond appropriately.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Provide technical oversight of Protection Officers in direct service provision, including the provision of technical guidance for best practice Case Management and CBP service for beneficiaries;
- Ensure the successful delivery of protection activities, including but not limited to: protection monitoring, psychological first aid (PFA), community based building, awareness raising and case management;
- Ensure tracking and reporting of activity data to supervisor;
- Set and oversee team schedules for service delivery, and effective communication with the community for when and where services will be happening;
- Identify vulnerable beneficiaries and internally refer them to NRC ICLA, Cash & Livelihoods, Shelter and WASH, and Education teams where necessary and appropriate;
- In collaboration with the UDOC and Protection Coordinator, the Protection Technical Officer will prepare plans in targeted locations;
- Ensure respect of NRC Code of Conduct
- Train all newly recruited officers on the service delivery, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures; ensure continuous on the job coaching and mentoring.
Monitoring and reporting
- Produce monthly reports and support the UDOC and Protection Coordinator in submitting internal reports as per schedule;
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner;
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on problems in the implementation of the program;
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of activities and target achievements in the services under their responsibility;
- Participate in the weekly meetings with team to address any issues and set team plans;
Coordination and representation:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- Advocate for the needs of vulnerable individuals both internally and through coordination mechanisms through evidence-based advocacy;
- Maintain an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and ensure that protection assistants are informed about the available services
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor degree in social work, counselling, psychology or other related field;
- 3-5 years of work experience in protection related field;
- Previous experience in international organisations;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Fluency in written and spoken in Romanian and Russian language; Ukrainian will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiary at all times;
- Ability to discusssitive issues with respect and empathy;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect of beneficiary at all times;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed;
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
Kindly note that NRC will offer a monthly allowance of 400 EUR for national living 100 km apart from Ocnita.
In case you encounter difficulties while applying to this position via the system, you can send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Protection Technical Officer Moldova Ocnita (Moldovan National Only) - NRC NORCAP Careers Careers (oraclecloud.com
Apply Before 08/02/2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, Direcția reglementarea, licențierea și dezvoltarea sistemelor de plăți
- Extended deadline: East Europe Foundation is hiring a Grants Manager
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza specialist informare, comunicare, relații mass-media
- Anunț de angajare ! A.O.Copiii Ploii mărește echipa Centrului de Zi pentru copii cu boli rare
- Junior Program Manager
- Compania Date Inteligente SRL angajează cercetător junior
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica veniturilor secundare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de inginer principal responsabil de suport si calitate TIC
- A.O.”Cimișlienii de pretutindeni” anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui Expert în desfășurarea atelierelor pentru ”Îmbunătățirea abilităților de participare în procesul decizional a locuitorilor din satele Bogdanovca Veche, Bogdanovca Nouă și Dimitrovca
- Fundația Tony Hawks Centru angajează Kinetoterapeut/Kinetoterapeută