The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Project Officer.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Programme Roles)
Main purpose of job:
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the operational delivery of the £10 million programme uplift which will primarily be used to support the World Bank Multi-Donor Trust Fund “M-Grow”. As well as increasing resilience to climate change, a key aim of the Trust Fund is to support interventions to create jobs and increase competitiveness. UK support will also aid government capacity to enhance links with Europe and thereby improve Moldova’s resistance to shocks arising from Russia’s military invasion of Ukraine.
The role also offers scope to lead on the design, implementation and delivery of £1m of governance and anti-corruption as well as economic development technical assistance projects in Moldova. These projects are financed through the UK Government’s Good Governance Fund (GGF). This is a fixed-term position, with a possibility of extension.
The job-holder will be the embassy’s primary point of contact for the World Bank on M-Grow and with other project implementers on other interventions. They will work with them to ensure delivery is in line with objectives and work plans, ensuring compliance with guidance on value for money and gender and social inclusion. Experience in financial management will be an important component of the job in the future and would therefore be desirable.
Roles and responsibilities:
This will be a key position within the Programmes Team in the British Embassy. The Team covers Good Governance Fund (GGF) and the new Integrated Security Fund (ISF) work in Moldova. This role will focus on the £9m support to the World Bank, Multi Donor Trust Fund, M-Grow intervention and support on GGF; there are two other GGF Project Officers and another Project Officer whose focus is on ISF work. You will be line managed by the Head of Programmes based in Moldova with regular engagement from the Deputy Head of Programmes.
This fixed-term appointment comes at an exciting period for the GGF, which has been operational in Moldova since late 2015. In this role, you will cover the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of new and existing projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
1. Lead on liaison with project implementers to ensure that project activities are delivered on time, within budget and provide advice to project implementers on financial and reporting requirements.
2. Work with the Good Governance Fund Programme Lead in London, Country Programme Manager and Finance Manager based in Tbilisi in our “Hub” to ensure risks are identified, mitigated and managed to ensure high-quality project monitoring and evaluation, including working with log frames and results frameworks and playing a key role in the programme annual reviews.
3. Draft project event communications for use on social media and review press releases produced by implementing partners. Provide regular project success stories for internal communications working closely with our Communications and Media Manager. Support on event coordination and preparing draft-speaking notes for the Embassy Senior Leadership Team.
4. Attend and contribute to monthly programme and project meetings with implementing partners and colleagues in London, providing political and contextual updates on the situation in Moldova, and ensuring internal stakeholders are kept up to speed on project developments. Assess how these developments could influence project delivery. Work with the Head of Programmes and Advisors to develop new interventions that support UK government policy in Moldova.
5. Assist the Head of Programmes with programme management duties as required. Contribute to the embassy’s wider corporate management requirements, for example, by participating in committees, consular work, Learning & Development, UK scholarship or recruitment work.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
Application deadline: 26 November 2023
Grade: Executive Officer (EO)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Salary: 38,683 MDL (Gross)
Start Date: 15 January 2023
To find out more and apply for this position click HERE
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Extended deadline: Data Management, Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy for the Development of the Policy Document on Digitalization of the Education Sector
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Grants/Partnership Manager
- Asociația Amici dei Bambini, Moldova angajează Coordonator/coordonatoare de echipă animatori socio-educativi
- UNV Procurement and Finance Associate - UNDP Moldova/M4EG project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Action against Hunger is hiring an Accountant Book keeper
- AO Laolaltă anunță concurs de selectare a mentorilor pentru Hackathon-ul de inițiative comunitare la Centrul Comunitar 151
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de consultant/ă superior/ă, Direcția politici publice și legislație
- Asociația Obștească „The Moldova Project” (TMP) - concurs de angajare pentru funcția de specialist atragere de fonduri (fundraiser)