Terms of Reference
Experts/Trainers in organic agriculture
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Moldova since 2008, implementing projects in the field of economic development, civil society, and youth development and education. Organic agriculture is one of the economic development programs of intervention and this sector is supported by providing knowledge and know-how transfer to farmers interested in organic agriculture; promoting the demand of organic products on domestic markets and encourage exports of organic products.
Within “Organic Farming Unleashed: A Joint Effort to Build an Enabling Environment for Organic Farmers in Moldova” project, funded by Netherlands Enterprise Agency PIN will hire an expert/trainer to train farmers and build sustainability skills in the field.
Profile of the expert/trainer
PIN is looking for an expert professional skilled in organic agriculture to perform trainings for farmers. The basic qualifications should include:
- Educational background in agriculture or related field
- At least 5 years of practical experience and consultancy in Organic Agriculture
- Previous experience in performing lectures or trainings
- Deep knowledge regarding local context, laws, eco-fertilization and diverse manure types handling
- Experience with organic agriculture value chain will be considered an advantage
- Fluent in Romanian both in writing and speaking.
The objective of the consultancy:
The expert will support the PIN Moldova to assure farmers and partners in acquiring the know-how tools/information and competences in developing organic agriculture field, at the same time contributing to its growth. During the training sessions the beneficiaries should get familiar with the following subjects:
- 1. Principles of organic farming.
- Legislative framework;
- Soil fertility;
- Crop rotation;
- Weed control, plant protection;
- Conversion, inspection and certification.
- Organic fertilization (manure, compost, poultry manure, vegetable waste, green manure)
- Composting, fermentation of birds manure etc.
- The course design and delivery
- Handouts and other working materials
- Training evaluation
- Report on the training course
*Attendance sheets, pictures, another related documents, are the part of deliverables
Geographical are : Moldova
Applications for evaluation should be submitted by email to email@example.com and use subject heading: Ref. Expert/Trainer in organic agriculture
Deadline for applications: June 15, 2020
All documents should be presented in English or Romanian.
Application package will include:
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- A short Cover Letter in English
- The financial offer with description of activities and estimation of prices per day in EUR (net amount) Please specify the subjects you would like to cover and the availability timeframe.
- Recommendation letters from previous assignments
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed.