TERMS OF REFERENCE
Title of the position: Consultant
Direct Manager: Resident Representative of JICA Ukraine Office
Job Location: Chisinau, the Republic of Moldova
Duration Appointment: 12 months
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Japan's governmental agency, has been implementing various projects in Moldova through the schemes of Loan, Grant and Technical Cooperation (including training). At present, JICA Headquarters and Ukraine Office are jointly monitoring these projects in collaboration with the Moldovan government. However, due to the increased number of projects and COVID-19 epidemic, it is necessary for JICA to assign a dedicated consultant in Moldova for the seamless and smooth implementation of JICA's ongoing activities as well as preparations for future activities.
Scope of Work and Activities:
The consultant is supposed to work under the supervision of the head of JICA Ukraine Office and in close coordination with JICA Headquarters for the following provisions and responsibilities in relation to JICA's activities in Moldova:
- Assist JICA Ukraine Office and Headquarters for day-to-day coordination between JICA and counterpart organizations for JICA's projects, including project formulation activities;
- Assist JICA Ukraine Office and Headquarters to lead follow-up and monitoring of complete JICA's projects including project evaluation;
- Assist JICA Ukraine Office and Headquarters in procurement-related works;
- Strength JICA's human network and relationship with the Moldovan Government as well as other Development Partners;
- Collect and report the local information relevant to JICA's projects;
- Assist JICA Ukraine Office and Headquarters in a logistic arrangement for missions of JICA as well as JICA experts/study teams;
- Provide interpretation and translation works for the works listed above.
Duration of the Assignment:
The duration of the assignment will be for one year from April 1, 2021 till March 31, 2022.
Man Month: 12 MM
Monthly salary: 1,700-2,000 USD (Gross)
Deliverables: Bi-weekly reports
Essential Qualifications, skills and experience:
- High proficiency in written and spoken in Romanian and English;
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, engineering, or other relevant fields;
- At least 3 years working experience in an international financial institution or international donor financed projects;
- Ability to draft minutes of meetings and summaries of long papers;
- Ability to facility tasks through cooperation, collaboration, and networks;
- Ability to work independently while remaining efficient in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment;
- Familiarity with transparent working ways to ensure submission of quality outputs;
- Capacity to manage sensitive situation severing work under pressure to deliver results within the prescribed time limits;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Direct experience in working for JICA's projects and familiarity with JICA's Procurement Guidelines for Japanese ODA Loan;
- Project or program management.
All interested candidates with ample qualifications and relevant experience should submit their CV and Cover Letters at email@example.com.
JICA adopts QBS (quality-based selection) for this position. The evaluation will be done based on CV, cover letters, and the results of online interviews for selected candidates.
Notes: JICA will email only selected candidates for online interviews.
Deadline for applications: 24:00 (Moldova time) on Tuesday, 16 February 2021