Terre des hommes Moldova-Romania-Ukraine delegation is seeking to recruit a Fundraising Manager.
If you like to design projects and plan, you are energetic, initiative and a self-starter, passionate about fundraising and donor cultivation, you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact, then this position is for you.
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: One year, local (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Salary: Ranging EUR 1100-1250 net depending on skills and experience (paid in local currency), with conditions applicable to similar position grades in the organization.
Location: Kiev or Chisinau or Bucharest, with occasional travel between the 3 locations. Applicant must have a valid work permit to work and reside in one of the 3 countries.
Deadline for applications: 8th of July 2020
Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child rights NGO in Switzerland established over 60 years ago. We operate in over 40 countries with over 100 projects of development aid and emergency impacting over 3 million beneficiaries. We employ 1,500 people, including 130 based at our headquarters in Lausanne. In Europe our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of access to justice and migration. Terre des hommes has seven offices established in Europe (Hungary, Romania, Greece, Moldova, Ukraine, Albania and Kosovo) and is also engaged in projects with partners from other European countries and beyond.
Tdh in Europe has been reorganized in line with its regionalization strategy which foresees the development of a regional hub operated from Budapest and two multi-country delegations (MCD East composed of Romania, Moldova and Ukraine and MCD South composed of Greece, Albania and Kosovo). The work of Tdh in Europe is guided by its innovative programmatic approach.
The Fundraising Manager will have a key role in the fundraising activities of MCD East (Romania, Moldova and Ukraine). This position will take the lead in fundraising activities for the three countries, in close cooperation with the other structures of Tdh in the region (Regional Hub in Budapest and MCD South). S/he will lead and support the development of funding applications for institutional donors (in response to punctual call for proposals), will be responsible for enlarging the donor base of Tdh offices as well as the network of partners in the region.
- Adhere to and actively promote a fundraising culture in the three countries of Multi-Country Delegation East (Romania, Moldova, Ukraine);
- Develop fundraising proposals (concept notes and full applications) through grant-writing and team mobilization;
- Conduct donor mappings and track institutional funding opportunities (calls for proposals) relevant for the work of Tdh in the three countries;
- Act as a technical advisor and/or manager for collaborative proposal development;
- Develop processes and systems to ensure that the three Tdh entities follow a rigorous fundraising plan and achieve their performance targets;
- Work with country and regional programme staff, management of the region (head of MCD and country directors) and the Regional Resource Mobilization Manager to support and leverage their donor representation, donor cultivation, relationship building, and donor intelligence gathering;
- Provide guidance, coaching and training to country programme staff on donor cultivation (building relationships), gathering donor intelligence, building visibility, and pre-positioning for funding opportunities;
- Facilitate information management, collecting, disseminating, and centralizing fundraising information;
- Act as a repository and manage organisational knowledge on donor intelligence, proposals, analytics, supporting documentation, and experiences from the MCD;
- Coordinate and liaise with the Head of MCD East, the Regional Resource Mobilization Manager and the Institutional Fundraising Sector in the HQ;
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in political science, international relations, business or public administration, marketing, law, economics, development or humanitarian studies or a related discipline;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a context of fundraising, including from a regional perspective. Experience in planning and monitoring progress towards set goals and exposure to budget preparation.
- A successful track record with institutional donors such as EU, EuropeAid, SDC, DFID, EEA&Norway grants, UNICEF, or other UN agencies
- Extensive experience in proposal writing and donor relationship management;
- Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in a complex regional setting;
- Well-honed leadership skills, along with facilitation, networking and advocacy skills
- High autonomy and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to excellence, respect for donor rules & attention to detail;
- Ability to uphold high standards and punctuality under pressure
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fully proficient in writing and editing.
- Competency in Romanian, Ukrainian or Russian is considered an advantage
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to email@example.com
Please include “Fundraising Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.