IRI Moldova - Public Opinion Research Associate Moldova
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Research Associate is an entry- to mid-level position in IRI’s Chisinau office and provides research support for current and developing public opinion research studies in Moldova.
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, sociology
- 1-3 years of experience in public opinion research or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- Previous experience working with a development project, NGO or International Organization.
- Prior experience with researching/analyzing contemporary political topics.
- Attention to detail.
- English, Romanian and Russian language skills required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
The Research Associate will play a key role in supporting the work of IRI through their support of the implementation of project activities, ranging from large nationally representative polls to small focus group discussions. The Research Associate will execute these tasks based on standards set by IRI’s Center for Insights in Survey Research CISR, under the direction of IRI Resident Program Director and together with the IRI Program Manager. Explicit guidance will be provided for each task, and the Research Associate is expected to perform assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner after receiving initial training.
- A major responsibility is to compare the raw data against figures cited in presentations and/or reports and/or dashboards and/or to produce custom crosstabulations or data comparison exported to excel.
- Another major responsibility is questionnaire design, i.e. drafting questionnaires based on stakeholder discussions and rendering research objectives into questionnaires compliant with best practices for questionnaire design.
- Less frequently assigned responsibilities include:
- Preparation of codebooks.
- Produce data graphs and charts for PowerPoint presentations.
- Review and coding of qualitative transcripts.
- Produce research memos on various topics.
- Assist in briefings of research findings for a variety of stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants must submit a CV and cover letter in both languages (English and Romanian) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7th, 2023.
Reports to: Moldova Resident Program Director
Exercises Supervision over: N/A
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive nor is it intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required of an incumbent.
An employee will perform other reasonably-related job responsibilities as assigned by management when required. IRI reserves the right to revise or change job functions as the need arises. Thus, management reserves the right to update and change job descriptions. This job description does not constitute a written contract of employment.
I have received and understand this job description for the position that I am accepting as an employee of IRI. I understand that my performance evaluation and continued success will be based upon the satisfactory fulfillment of this Job Description.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate - Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector in the Republic of Moldova
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- Concurs de angajare asistent/ă contabil-șef
- Project Manager Electroenergie
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, Direcţia decontări interbancare
- CRS Moldova is hiring Senior Project Officer, Field Coordinator
- Project Associate (NPSA 6) - UNDP Moldova/EU-Confidence Building Measures Project
- UNHCR is looking for Human Settlement Planning Associate GS6, Temporary Appointment
- Termen extins: CNPAC angajează Ofițer de proiect – entry level
- Caritas Cehia anunță concurs pentru contractarea unei echipe de experți sau o entitate pentru evaluarea serviciilor de îngrijire la domiciliu