IREX Europe doing business as Equal Right and Independent Media (ERIM) is a not-for-profit organization based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programs to support human rights and strengthen independent media and media education. The ERIM approach emphasizes partnerships with local development organizations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions, and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research, and grant programs.
“Civil Society Organisation Capacity Development” is a regional project run by ERIM and funded by the European Union. The project aims to strengthen civil society organizations and improve their operational and organizational capacity.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
One of the participants of the Organizational Capacity Program under the above-mentioned project is the organization Association of Librarians of the Republic of Moldova (ABRM). ABRM is a nongovernmental organization, which promotes libraries and informing society, actively supports the librarian, and actioning to develop equal access to information and knowledge for all.
In order to support ABRM in improving the institutional and internal legal framework, ERIM is looking for an experienced consultant(s) based in Moldova to support ABRM in developing/adjusting internal documents, namely:
The scope of work for the Consultant(s) will include but not be limited to:
- Amendment of the Statute (statute in new wording). As a basic document for the functioning of the organization, it should fully reflect the aims and objectives of ABRM, the governance structure, the mode of operation, but also reflect its mission and vision. In the review process, existing divergences/inconsistencies between the statute and other internal policies need to be removed. Some of the provisions within the statute have to be updated or specified in order to represent the de facto situation.
- Development of ABRM Internal Regulation. The new internal regulation should be developed in a detailed manner and contain specific aspects related to the HR components and internal organizational rules in line with existing practices and national legislation.
- ABRM adjusted statute;
- ABRM Internal Regulation;
- A short report on the process including stakeholder consultations and validation.
It is expected that the whole process related to the development and validation of the above-listed deliverables will involve consultative sessions, stakeholder meetings, and a desk review format of working.
- Formal education – degree/masters in law or any relevant field of study and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- At least five years of experience in the legal field;
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Experience in working with the NGO sector;
- Experience and knowledge of the librarian sector would be preferable;
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule;
- Fluency in Romanian and English, excellent communication skills.
The consultant(s) shall have a tolerant and open attitude towards all social groups and shall not discriminate against any individual or group, irrespective of any ground, such as sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, etc. ERIM promotes tolerance, respect, and equality.
Terms and conditions of activity:
The consultant(s) will be hired through a service contract.
The application package shall include:
- an updated CV;
- samples of similar assignments undertaken previously;
- a financial offer.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted by 7th December 2020, 23:00 Republic of Moldova time, in Romanian, Russian or English, on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Consultant Lawyer– CSO CD” in the subject line.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.