Program Assistant, Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation
|Department:||Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation|
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
The Bucharest office serves as the headquarters for the Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation (BST). The broad goals of the Black Sea Trust include building trust among citizens in their public institutions and to strengthen this critical set of institutions; affirming the value of citizen participation in the democratic process; promoting involvement of civil society in conflict resolution and fostering regional, cross-border ties in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. The Bucharest office also conducts policy programs promoting regional views on issues of importance to both the region and international community (security, democracy, European policies toward the neighborhood, conflict resolution, etc.) and deepening the knowledge of the region in transatlantic policy circles. The Bucharest office organizes regular study tours to countries in the region, coordinates research, and organizes various events.
The program assistant will provide administrative support to the Black Sea Trust Program Officers in their grantmaking activities.
- Answers general inquiries about funding opportunities.
- Reviews applications for basic compliance, follows up to obtain accurate information, and records information in database; Makes contractual and payment arrangements.
- Ensures careful recordkeeping through maintenance of databases and files.
- Assists with the preparation of communication materials and periodical reports.
- Actively liaises with the Finance team.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Academic background in political science (international affairs, European studies, security studies, etc.) or international economic relations.
- Knowledge and interest in political and civil society developments in the Black Sea region, in Transatlantic relations and European affairs.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is mandatory, knowledge of Russian is an advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially with Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate within and outside the organization.
- Have good writing and analytical skills, as well as a strong attention for details.
- Be able to prioritize, self-directed, and responsible.
- Be comfortable working independently and as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
GMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.