Open to PR companies, production houses, non-profit organizations, or advertising agencies from Moldova
Application Submission Deadline: February 28, 2020
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Internews intends to support media literacy initiatives through local/ regional/ national influencers. To achieve this, Internews will contract a company/NGO to conduct a media literacy campaign around the country and on social media platforms. This campaign should feature a series of (young) influencers (at least five) that are popular at the national and regional level in order to spread media literacy messages among young adults throughout the country. Influencers will help their peers and others living in rural and regional areas to recognize and not fall prey to manipulation, propaganda and disinformation in media, that can affect people’s perceptions and choices, and develop the skills they need to analyze information critically and share or comment responsibly on the Internet.
Implementation period is estimated to be April-September 2020. Shorter timeframes in this period are acceptable if matching the purpose of this project.
Therefore, Internews is inviting experienced and specialized companies and organizations to participate as follows:
- Be legally registered entity in Republic of Moldova for at least 3 years;
- Have a professional reputation and previous proven experience working with influencers;
- Have a previous proven experience working with international donors and organizations;
- Able to create a campaign plan to promote media literacy among young adults in the country;
- Have a demonstrated commitment to civic engagement and varied target audiences (ethnic/ linguistic components);
- Create a monitoring and evaluation process to be able to report to Internews the approximate number of viewers/followers that were exposed to the media literacy campaign.
- ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
To be eligible applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the Republic of Moldova;
- Be a locally registered organization in Moldova;
- Be a creative combination of actors/use of new technology;
- Be committed to increasing the number of its viewers/listeners/users;
- Striving to improve the quantity, formats, and quality of produced materials;
- Needs to demonstrate a commitment to reporting requirements and deadlines.
- APPLICATION CONTENT REQUIREMENTS
Applications must meet the following requirements:
- Include a campaign description;
- Include a detailed budget.
Campaign description must contain:
- The project idea;
- A work plan to provide clear deliverables within the timeframe of the project;
- A monitoring and evaluation plan (list output and outcome indicators and ways to measure them).
4. APPLICATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION
Applications must be submitted electronically to the following e-mail address:
email@example.com. Please use the words “Influencers Campaign” in the subject line. The documents part of the application must be included as attachments, namely:
- Documents requested as part of the application;
- Full name of the applicant;
- Contact information, including physical address, e-mail, and phone number;
- Organization registration documents under Moldovan law.
5. AWARD NOTIFICATION AND RESPONSES
All applications submitted will be acknowledged within two (2) working days following the deadline for submission of applications and will note the documents submitted. The respondent is responsible for ensuring and confirming that the emails comprising the application reach Internews representatives. Only the successful applicant will be notified of selection within fifteen (15) working days following the deadline for submission of applications.
Offers will be sent no later than February 28, 2020, COB. Applications received after the specified date are considered late and will be reviewed only at the discretion of Internews.
Details can be addressed by phone +373 60500570.
Offers must remain valid for not less than sixty (60) days after the offer’s deadline.
NOTE Taxes and VAT: All the prices are to be in Moldovan Lei with VAT=0. The payment is made under the technical agreement between Moldova and USA Government and it does not permit the financing of any taxes, VAT, tariffs, duties, or other levies imposed by any laws in effect in the Cooperating Country of Moldova.
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION
This activity is part of the USAID and UK aid funded project “Media Enabling Democracy, Inclusion and Accountability in Moldova” (MEDIA-M) and implemented by Internews in Moldova, which aims to promote the development of an independent, professional media, and to create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures.