The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an individual expert to provide consultancy services to the State Chancellery (SC) of the Republic of Moldova, within the Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government project.
The objective of this assignment is to strengthen the capabilities of the SC to coordinate and promote economic and social development with a special focus on business climate and job creation.
Expert shall perform the following tasks:
- Prioritize and provide decision templates for the Secretary General of the Government on policies and initiatives;
- Assess the current situation and institutional framework in Moldova in terms of economic and social policies;
- Provide recommendations and support in the development of policies and the legal framework;
- Facilitate necessary dialogue among government authorities, as well as between government authorities, development partners, civil society and other stakeholders, required to establish agreed national priorities, with any supporting analysis as required;
- Provide on ad-hoc basis advice to the Secretary General of the Government;
- Strengthen the analytical and planning capacity of the SC in developing of different types of documents (ex. strategies, directives etc.) in the economic and social fields;
- Monitor the progress of relevant strategies and action plans.
- Background and academic degree in economics, law, public administration or another relevant field;
- Proven experience in the work with Government institutions;
- Deep understanding of the political consultation and decision making processes in the Republic of Moldova;
- Proven experience in drafting legal and normative documents;
- Proven track record in preparation of analyses, reports, assessments, other documents for high level decision makers, especially from the public authorities;
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills on the highest political level.
Applications shall include:
- detailed CV and cover letter, explaining the motivation for the position;
- financial offer, including gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount per up to 60 work days of assignment, for the period January 2020 – June 2020;
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
The successful finalist will be issued a short-term consulting contract with the possibility of further extension or follow-on contract conclusion.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova, holding the Moldovan residentship for a period of at least 6 months at the date of application.
Applications shall be delivered in sealed envelopes, showing the tender number (83344840) and subject on it, to the address of GIZ Office Chisinau (66 Bernardazzi St., 5th floor, left wing; Chisinau, MD-2009) not later than January 10, time 17:00.
Shortlisted candidates might be asked for an interview and additional information.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Questions shall be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, by showing tender number in the message title.