The EU4Moldova: Focal regions Programme (further on referred as Programme) is based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favour of the Republic of Moldova and is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme and United Nations Children's Fund.
The overall objective of the five-year Programme is to strengthen the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through smart, green, inclusive, sustainable and integrated local socio-economic growth as well as by improving the standards of living of the citizens in the focal regions of Cahul and Ungheni.
To this end, this Programme will address also the urban-rural divide as well as regional disparities, stimulate economic growth and job creation, refurbish and upgrade some social and technical infrastructure in selected areas (smaller towns and villages) while taking into account climate change and a gender perspective in the activities of the Programme.
1. To strengthen transparency, accountability of local public authorities and citizen participation in local governance processes in the focal regions.
2. To improve citizens' access to quality public services and utilities in the focal regions.
3. To create employment opportunities for men and women in the focal-regions and improve the attractiveness of the focal regions for investors and entrepreneurs.
4. To promote the smart specialization of the economy of the focal regions through the development of the clustering and value chain approach in key economic sectors.
The Programme objectives will be achieved through measures targeted at: (i) capacity building to support the implementation and monitoring of local economic development plans; (ii) civil society engagement in local planning, governance processes and basic social service delivery; (iii) provision of investment funding in support of the creation and/or development of social and technical infrastructure which, combined with the outcomes from interventions (i) and (ii) above, will have an immediate, visible and tangible impact on employment creation, the standard of living of the population in the focal regions.
Summary of key functions:
The Programme Assistant will ensure, in line with the Programme scope, the provision of the following support services:
Administrative management support:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day programme implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and programme work-plans;
- Provide support to international consultants in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of Programme results (communication, contracts, agenda, visas, hotel reservations, etc) and coordinate short-term consultants;
- Maintain records on all Programme personnel/national consultants and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, time and attendance – if appropriate, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Prepare and issue contracts;
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the programme activities;
- Draft minutes of Programme Board and other programme related meetings;
- Assume responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of programme files and records;
- Prepare Travel Authorizations and F10 claims for programme staff and consultants;
- Arrange and coordinate translation services/programmes;
- Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings of the Programme Board, pre-bidding conferences, launching events, workshops, interviews, as well as other relevant meetings etc.).
Financial management support:
- Provide support to the Finance Coordinator in all finance-related matters, including advancement of funds, payments, expenditures, budget revisions, and financial status reports;
- Contribute to the elaboration of recurring and special/ad-hoc financial reports;
- Process in Quantum the Programme transactions, in line with the Internal Control Framework;
- In accordance with the Programme Work Plan, make the necessary arrangements for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Make the necessary arrangements for programme equipment maintenance and insurance;
- Monitor the implementation of the programme’s contractual processes, as per UNDP procedures;
- Ensure the delivery of equipment and supplies, procured for local stakeholders/ beneficiaries;
- Provide other financial management and procurement support as assigned.
Summary of Key Functions:
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager and under the guidance and direct supervision of the Finance Coordinator, the Programme Assistant shall contribute to an efficient implementation of the Programme activities via administrative support, anticipating and contributing to resolving programme-related issues.
The Assistant will apply a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the internal control systems.Core Competencies:
|Achieve results||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional and Technical Competencies:
|Business management||Resource Management||Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical was in line with principles of accountability and integrity|
|Business management||Working with evidence and data||Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making|
|Business management||Digital awareness and literacy||Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed|
|Business management||Monitoring||Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results|
|Administration & Operations||Assets management||Ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E, maintain Asset Management Module in Quantum, Asset Dashboard|
|Business development||Human-centered Design||Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E; ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E; maintain Asset Management Module in ATLAS, Asset Dashboard; develop supporting tools for assets certification and further enhancements for AM module; design and run training programs, etc. on assets management and assets recording; run APAM interface; perform AP-AM-GL reconciliation; perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information.|
Minimum education requirements:
- Secondary Education is required.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Economics, Accounting, Law, Administration, or another relevant field will be given due consideration but is not a requirement.
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
- Minimum 5 years (with Secondary Education) or 2 years (with Bachelor’ s degree) of progressive experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, programmatic support, or other substantive area is required.
- Experience in development assistance or related work for a development organization, consulting company, or NGO will be an strong asset.
- Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Proven experience in a similar position in UN Agencies will be considered an advantage.
- Commitment to UNDP mission, vision, and values.
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian;
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns, or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant : 22 august 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a Mobile Patrol Senior Guard
- UNDP Moldova: Communication Analyst (NPSA8) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- CCR MD is hiring a Project Assistant
- ICT Officer Moldova
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/EU Confidence Building Measures Programme (EU CBM V)
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections (phase II) Project
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de consultant/ă superior/ă, Direcţia promovarea drepturilor omului şi comunicare
- Project Associate (NPSA6) - UNDP Moldova/ADA Emergency Support
- UNDP Moldova: Project Manager (NPSA9) - Moldova Sustainable Green Cities – Catalyzing investment in sustainable green cities in the Republic of Moldova using a holistic integrated urban planning approach (Green Cities Project)