Innovation Specialist/Chemonics International/Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID, Sweden, and UKaid
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID, Sweden, and UKaid’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA focuses on infusing digitalization, innovation and creativity, and sustainability across all sectors, with a particular focus on urban-based technology-enabled sectors including: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Innovation Specialist is responsible for working with targeted innovation centers and hubs to build their capacities as key drivers of innovation, collaboration, and private sector development. They will work closely with FTA partners to identify opportunities for innovation and work with sector firms or other actors to apply and scale them.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with technical team to co-create and manage interventions with partners, primarily innovation centers and hubs.
- Identifies successful innovations and models in other countries and contexts to be piloted and adapted in Moldova.
- Manages programs and interventions focused on innovation, entrepreneurship, piloting or testing new technologies, or other related topics in consultation with FTA team.
- Collaborates with partner institutions to scale successful innovations and programs to new institutions or other areas of the country.
- Manages cross-sector collaboration to replicate, adapt, and scale innovations across sectors as identified by the FTA leadership team and USAID.
- Conduct regular quality control checks of implemented interventions.
- Manages engagement and cooperation with external stakeholders that are involved in innovation-focused programs and interventions.
- Promotes integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.
- Facilitates data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners.
- At least 5 years of experience in IT, technology, strategy, leadership, business development, business analysis, entrepreneurship, or related field.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others.
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment.
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Innovation Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Alătură-te echipei Technovator
- Call for Applications for the selection of 3 experts for the implementation of the “Securing integrity, efficiency and independence of the justice system in Moldova – #Justice4Moldova” Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant în raportări
- Country Director, HIAS Moldova
- Administrative and Financial Officer at the Alliance of Small and Medium Enterprises from Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Project Associate - Social Worker (2 positions)
- Digital Communication Officer For The International Committee Of The Red Cross Organisation
- Request of Expressions of Interest - Individual consultant for development of an operational guidance on decentralization and rapid initiation of HIV testing and treatment based on Moldova experience
- Asociația judecătorilor din Republica Moldova anunță un concurs pentru funcție Asistent Manager (secretar)