NATIONAL CONSULTANT – DIGITALIZATION PROJECT MANAGER
to support the implementation of the SME Digital Transformation Program
The Organization for Small and Medium Enterprises Sector Development (ODIMM) is seeking to enhance its capacity in implementing the SME Digital Transformation Program. The aim of the Digital Transformation Program for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises is to recover and increase their economic capacity by integrating digital technologies, creating new business models based on increasing connectivity and harnessing the potential of innovation.
Through the digitization of SMEs it is proposed to support the technology transfer and digital development of small and medium enterprises to exploit the innovative potential, including facilitating their access to internal and external markets.
In this effort, the Organization for Small and Medium Enterprises Sector Development is supported by Moldova Future Technologies Activity, funded by USAID and Sweden, the goal of which is to incentivize digital transformation of businesses and adoption of innovation, enhance the competitiveness of local businesses and Moldova’s transformative economic sectors, develop the digital economy and integration with Western markets.
II. Scope of Work
A Project Manager will be hired to join Programs Implementation Department within ODIMM to support development, management and implementation of SME Digital Transformation Program. The Project Manager’s roles will be to:
- participate in the implementation of the SME Digital Transformation Program;
- advises small and medium-sized enterprises on their development and diversification of high value-added products / services and their adaptation to international standards;
- provide support to small and medium-sized enterprises in accessing financing for the application of innovative business models, the implementation of modern technologies in order to develop productivity and competitiveness, integration in local and / or international value chains;
- represent the institution in its relations with economic operators and in the case of delegation on matters directly within its competence, in accordance with the legislation in force;
- identify and ensures the negotiation process with potential partners to ensure the achievement of the program objectives;
- submit proposals regarding the development and innovation of the programs / tools under the management of the implementation unit;
- examine and evaluates the strict compliance of financial support applicants with strict compliance with regulations, internal regulations;
- coordinates the creation and updating of the beneficiaries' database, etc.
The outputs of the Digitalization Project Manager will include, for each project:
1. Grants applications evaluation report
2. Complete evaluation records (for each project)
3. Monthly Progress Reports.
4. Monitoring reports of the program implementation etc.
This is a full-time assignment expected to commence in June 2022 with a three-month trial period. The initial contract will be signed for a period of 6 months and can be extended subject to the Consultant’s good performance and the same fee rate.
V. Institutional arrangements
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of and report to the ODIMM Director. ODIMM will assign projects to the Consultant, in coordination with Future Technologies Activity, funded by USAID and Sweden. The assigned projects must be in line with the goals and objective of Future Technologies Activity.
After the trial period, the Consultant will undergo an evaluation of performance using an individual standard ODIMM Performance Evaluation Form.
ODIMM will provide fully equipped working space, as well as any other necessary means and support for Consultant to carry out this assignment. The consultant will be hired within Future Technologies Activity, funded by USAID and Sweden.
VII. Qualification requirements
- University degree in areas such as Economics, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Telecommunications, business administration, public administration;
- Demonstrated experience in IT project management in public or private sectors;
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle, enterprise architecture, cloud computing and SOA concepts;
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken, in Romanian. Knowledge of English would be a strong asset;
- Excellent time-, team-, meeting- and conflict- management skills;
- Strong self-organization and planning skills;
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Experience in SME support and mentoring will be an advantage
- Experience in SME support and mentoring will be an asset
- Experience with development organizations and public-sector reform would be an asset.