The branch of Liechtenstein Development Service in Republic of Moldova is seeking for a Program Manager
Location: Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Full/Part time: Full time, 40 hrs. per week
Duration: 1-year contract with the perspective of extension.
Application Deadline: 15 December 2019
Liechtenstein Development Service (LED) is a private-law foundation of the Government and the civil society of Liechtenstein. Mandated by the Government of Liechtenstein, LED implements, coordinates and supervises the bilateral development cooperation of Liechtenstein. In Republic of Moldova, LED strives to contribute to the diversification of the education offers for young people, tailored to developing relevant skills for a decent income, an increased personal wellbeing and inclusive social participation. For more information on the activity of LED, visit the website www.led.md.
Summary of Position:
In collaboration with LED Moldova team, the Project Manager ensures the effective and efficient management of the LED administered projects by supporting its design, planning and management. The Project Manager communicates closely with the implementing organization for effective achievement of results, anticipating and resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery. The appointee applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), and LED administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
Possibility for professional development.
We are looking for a full-time program manager who will assume the following tasks:
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the selected partner organizations and ensure effective communication and on-time delivery of expected outcomes. If changes in the implementation logic are meaningful, to discuss the options with the partner organizations and propose changes.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans.
- Review the project narrative and financial reports.
- Report to LED head office about the project progress and difficulties.
- Assist in organizing evaluations, reviews and audits of projects.
- Provide other administrative and logistic support on an ad hoc basis.
We look for motivated candidates who can demonstrate the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
University Degree in social sciences, economics, law, public administration, or other related fields.
- at least 3 years in development assistance or in project management and planning work for a donor organization and/or NGOs.
- experience in education, particularly VET or youth policies, is an advantage.
- experience in an international and/or multicultural environment is an asset.
- Project Cycle Management is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of donor agencies’ or NGO’ management, administrative procedures and technical requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize actions and tasks, meet tight deadlines.
- Analytical and strategical thinking.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skills in visualizing information is an advantage.
- Fluency in in written and spoken English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
How to apply
Job applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae, indicating relevant experience;
- Motivational letter in English (two pages maximum) signed by the applicant, explaining the compliance with eligibility criteria for the post and motivation;
- Contact details of 2 reference persons.
The application package shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 15 December 2019. Applications received after this date will not be eligible. Only shortlisted selected candidates will be invited for the job interview.
For additional information, please contact Oxana Poverjuc at email@example.com.