End-of-the Project Evaluation, Moldova
Position: Consultant or consultancy agency for conducting end-of-project evaluation
The inquirer: HelpAge International, Moldova
Place of work: Republic of Moldova
The project: „Realizing human rights for older people in Moldova, through promotion of rights of older women„ funded by BMZ (Germany)
Timeframe: estimated period between 03 February – 17 April 2020
Purpose of work
HelpAge International is implementing in Moldova a three-years project funded by BMZ, The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, based in Chisinau and implemented as well in 8 sites across Moldova. The project is contributing to different level of intervention to accumulate evidence on elder abuse, to build community level support networks, to improve capacity of service providers for better response to older people affected by abuse and to raise public awareness on elder abuse, gender-based violence and ageism.
Being at the final stage of the project implementation, HelpAge is seeking a consultant/consultancy agency to conduct the end-of-project evaluation and assess the progress towards set objectives. The evaluation will also document the lessons learnt, will assess effectiveness of the methods used at various levels of interventions and will assess the work of local implementing partners (NGOs).
More detailed description of applicant qualifications, scope of work, deliverables and information about the project can be found in the Terms of Reference.
Offers are accepted from consultants as well as from commercial companies (consultancy firm), NGOs or academics. The duration of the evaluation is estimated at 25-30 working days within a period of 2,5 calendar months, including the time necessary for consultation with the stakeholders and integrating their feedback into the final report. The estimated contracting period is between 03 February – 17 April 2020.
The consultant is expected to submit technical and financial proposals, separately, and include the following components:
- Cover letter: A short cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
- A brief to describe proposed methodology and explain the vision and understanding of how the evaluation will be realized according to the TORs.
- A clear and detailed work plan with timing and deliverables.
- (for agency) Organizational capacity statement or Company Profile description, referring to company overview, core competencies, range of products/services, previous significant work and projects, management profile, previous collaborations and clients, contacts.
- Curriculum Vitae for consultant(s) and proposed capacity of any complementary staff to be involved in this assignment.
- Financial proposal with cost estimates for services rendered including daily consultancy fees and additional costs. The proposal should include detailed description/breakdown of costs, schedule of payments, preferred payment method. It is recommended to express costs in Euro with all taxes included.
- Names, addresses, valid contacts of three persons as professional referees.
- Copies or web links of relevant work undertaken in the last 3 years.
- Full names, post/physical address, telephone numbers, e-mails and contact person of the consultancy firm / consultant.
Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com indicating in the email Subject “Application for MOL044 End-of-Project Evaluation” by 26 January 2020. A confirmation email of receipt will be sent in due time. For printed applications to indicate the mail address Moldova, Chisinau, MD-2005, 57/1 Banulescu-Bodoni Str., office 431, HelpAge International, and using the same Subject on the envelop. Contacts for additional Information: tel: 0373 22 225098, firstname.lastname@example.org, Dina Ciubotaru.
The tendering process period is estimated to be completed by 28 January 2020 and the contract is to be signed by 31 January 2020. Project specific documents will be shared with the potential candidates at the pre-contracting phase.
Note: Incomplete applications or applications sent after the indicated deadline will not be subject to tender analysis.