UNICEF Moldova is seeking the support of an Individual Consultant that will The specific objective of this consultancy is to produce a “light” SitAn focusing briefly on the above macro socio-economic and political overview of the country context (captured in an introductory chapter) followed by specific analysis of three key thematics: social inclusion of most vulnerable children, violence against children and adolescents, and youth engagement and empowerment (captured in specific thematic chapters, each not exceeding 10 pages).
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree in social science (sociology, economics, anthropology, development studies, etc.) or related fields relevant to the assignment;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in conducting equity-focused research and analysis;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the human rights-based approach to programming, an understanding of the CRC, CEDAW and other relevant frameworks, as well as SDGs;
- Proven ability to review and synthesize trends, data and information from variety of sources;
- Strong writing and analytical skills to ensure quality of final products;
- Fluency in English;
- Prior experience with the UN and UNICEF in a similar capacity will be an asset;
- Knowledge of regional and local context will be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF web-page: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=523546
Applications for this position must be received no later than on: 16 July 2019
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, preference will be given to female and male candidates from all backgrounds and minority groups, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF is a global organization that seeks to improve the lives and health of children, especially the most vulnerable ones. UNICEF works in more than 190 countries and territories to help children survive and thrive, from early childhood through adolescence. UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. For more information about UNICEF and its work in Moldova visit: http://www.unicef.md/ You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.