Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP Moldova, through its Effective Governance Cluster implemented projects, has a long-standing experience in supporting the strengthening of the institutional and technical capacities of the law enforcement bodies.
Building upon the Ministry of Internal Affairs’ aspirations to reinforce the practice-oriented training and to e-transform internal processes and enhance the quality of services delivered, the Supporting the e-transformation of policing processes related to contravention cases and Strengthening the Police Training Capacities in the Republic of Moldova projects will strengthen institutional capacities, update (to the extent necessary) the regulatory framework, develop a modern and scalable e-contraventions software solution, upgrade the learning technology and modernize the practical training infrastructure of the internal affairs system to enable an environment for nurturing next-generation police professionals, equipped with tools, skills, knowledge and competences compliant with the demand for modern-style policing.
The support in accelerating e-transformation of police operations in contravention cases and interventions in police training system from Moldova, targeted through these Projects, should lead to improved quality of policing services in Moldova. As a result of these interventions, the general trust in the police system should increase. Taken together, these results can increase public confidence in and support for law enforcement and justice processes, enhancing system performance and, ultimately, the integrity of the law.
In this regard, project teams are being put in place to support projects’ implementation. UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Associate will ensure efficient administration of the Project, as well as support the Project Manager in Project implementation and reporting. Project Associate will be responsible for the operations of the Project activities and timely inputs of data and records into cloud-based digital engagement platform Quantum.
Ensure efficient delivery of the Project:
- Undertake administrative, logistical, travel, procurement, financial and asset management tasks in full compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies;
- Provide support to procure goods and services required by the Project, in liaison with the relevant staff and units of UNDP Country Office;
- Provide administrative support in arranging Project related meetings when needed;
- Participate in the preparation of work plans, operation plans and procurement plans and periodical reviews thereof;
- Provide support in quality control of Project activities, including assessing impact and effectiveness, tracking outputs and results, and ensure timely and efficient delivery;
- Maintain an appropriate filing system and documenting the implementation to enable further operational and financial closure and archiving of the Project(s);
- Provide support in regular monitoring and data collection of Project activities in accordance with work plan and procurement plan;
- Provide general secretarial and administrative assistance to the Project team in close liaison with UNDP teams, other UN agencies.
Ensure administration and implementation of operational strategies, adapt processes and procedures:
- Full compliance with respective UNDP and donor rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations;
- Implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Personal initiative to perform daily work timely, efficiently, and in compliance with established rules and plans;
- Keep abreast of UNDP rules and regulations in the area of responsibility and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning;
- Provide regular updates to the Project Manager and flag any deviations from the work plans immediately;
Provide financial support to the Project:
- Assist Project team in drafting Project progress reports with financial data;
- Assist Project management in performing budget cycle: planning, preparation, revisions, and budget execution;
- Provide assistance to partner agencies involved in Project activities, performing and monitoring financial aspects to ensure compliance with budgeted costs in line with established policies and procedures;
- Monitor Project expenditures, ensuring that no expenditure is incurred before it has been authorized;
- Perform preparatory work for mandatory and general budget revisions, annual physical inventory, auditing; and assist external evaluators in fulfilling their mission;
- Ensure that all Project financial activities are carried out on schedule and within budget to achieve the project outputs;
- Ensure timely submission of financial reports to the UNDP Country Office to verify the accuracy of such reports for the national partner or donor;
- Perform other financial related duties, upon request.
Provide operations support to the Project:
- Ensure that UNDP procurement rules are followed during procurement activities that are carried out by the Project and maintain responsibility for the inventory of the project assets;
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation, note-to-files and justifications in cooperation with the UNDP Procurement Unit.
- Coordination of surveys, DSA, travel agencies, organization of common services and other administrative surveys;
- Prepare and timely submit travel documents in accordance with UNDP requirements;
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with national partners on space and other administrative matters;
- Compile, organize and file information and documents for reference and use by team members.
- Preparation of documents set for vendor creation;
- Ensure proper control of the supporting documents for payments;
- Prepare and timely submit payment requests with proper support documentation to the UNDP Country Office;
- Provide financial monitoring over Project commitments and expenditures and assist the Project Manager in assuring proper Project delivery;
- Keep regular contact with Project experts and consultants to inform them about the Project details and changes;
- Control the usage and proper accounting of non-expendable equipment (record keeping, drawing up regular inventories), inventories and materials;
- Provide necessary administrative, financial and logistical support to the Project events, including among other workshops, seminars, working meetings and visits of national and international delegations (visa support, transportation, hotel accommodation etc.);
- Keep files of Project documents and expert reports and ensure general circulation of documents for knowledge management and sharing;
- Draft Project correspondence and documents; finalize correspondence of administrative and financial nature; draft minutes of meetings, edit reports and other documents for correctness of form and content as required;
- Assist in collection, preparation and submission of support documents for NPSA contracts extensions;
- Perform other assignment related duties and tasks.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Associate shall contribute to an effective and efficient implementation of the project activities.
The Project Associate will apply and promote the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Project Associate will work in close collaboration with the Project team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project-related issues and information delivery.
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies, and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
- Business management - Operations Management:
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and oversee the organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
- Business Development - Knowledge Generation:
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge relevant for content, or responsive to a stated need.
- Partnership management - Relationship management:
- Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding.
- Finance - Budget management:
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets.
- Procurement - Procurement Management:
- The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source.
- Administration and Operations - Documents and records management:
- Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving.
- Administration & Operations - Assets management:
- Knowledge of policy & procedures on PP&E; ability to prepare financial statements on PP&E; maintain Asset Management Module in Quantum, Asset Dashboard; develop supporting tools for assets certification and further enhancements for AM module; design and run training programs, etc. on assets management and assets recording; run AP-AM interface; perform AP-AM-GL reconciliation; perform analytical review of AM reports and asset information to ensure completeness and accuracy of asset information.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor´s degree in management, economics, business administration, public administration, finance, accounting, human resources or other related field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor´s degree) of relevant experience in administrative work, procurement, economics, finances, accounting, human resources or other substantive area.
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Russian, Ukrainian and sign language will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a multi-cultural work environment is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in providing effective logistical support will be an asset.
- Experience in project or financial administration will be an asset.
- Proven experience in a similar position in UNDP or other UN Agencies will be an asset.
- Experience in development assistance or related work for a development organization, consulting company, or NGO will be an asset.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Salariul lunar net: 20900 MDL - 25800 MDL
Asigurarea medicala internationala 100% acoperire
To apply please follow the link/Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply
Advertisement end date/Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 01 December 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Law Enforcement Projects Implementing Unit
- HelpAge International angajează Ofițer Finanțe
- Shelter and WASH Coordinator Moldova Chisinau
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert coordonator responsabil de reglementarea evidenței contabile în BNM
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de supraveghere TIC și securitatea informației
- Smm manager / copywritter
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Shelter and WASH Technical Officer in Ocnita
- Concordia Social Projects is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified international MEAL consultant