National Public Sector Budgeting Expert
Short Term Technical Advisor
For USAID Justice and Anti-Corruption Reform Activity (JARA)
Dexis Consulting Group seeks qualified Moldovan nationals for the following short term technical assistance to the Anti-Corruption Prosecution Office as defined below.
Applications will be accepted until 18:00 25 August 2023.
Background: The purpose of JARA is to support the Moldovan Government’s efforts to implement justice reform and promote its anti-corruption commitments. Support will contribute to the establishment and operation of a mini-secretariat to monitor the implementation of the Justice Development Strategy for years 2022-2025 (hereinafter referred to as the Justice Strategy) and its corresponding Plan; pursue implementation of specific activities from the Justice Strategy and Plan, including targeted assistance for the extraordinary evaluation of judges and prosecutors; and advance anti-corruption reform through implementation of specific commitments. JARA planning is driven by four primary objectives which are: 1) Support the establishment of a short-term mini-secretariat to monitor implementation of the 2022-2025 Justice Strategy and its corresponding Action Plan; 2) Support in training judges on specialized financial topics, as well as complementary support for the vetting process; 3) Legislative and analytical expertise to the main anti-corruption institutions - the National Anticorruption Center (NAC) and the Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office (APO); and 4) Raising awareness and strengthening visibility of anti-corruption efforts among the general public through civil society.
Assignment: In the framework of this assignment the National Public Sector Budgeting Expert (Budgeting Expert) will support the head of the Anti-Corruption Prosecutors Office to implement the Law No. 159 of July 7, 2016, on Specialized Prosecution Offices, specifically the provisions pertaining to the creation and management of APO’s own institutional budget. The Budgeting Expert will assist the Head of APO in analyzing PGO’s budget data and information (requests and expenditure) related to APO for the last 5 years, determine the amount of funding allocated from the PGO’s overall budget for APO’s functioning and draft a full-fledged projection of APO’s budget for 2024 and a 3–5-year projection. During the assignment, the Budgeting expert will liaise and work with the PGO’s budgeting and finance department to obtain and analyze all relevant data and information. Also, if during the performance of the assignment, APO will need additional data or information from other agencies/entities (Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Justice, Tax Inspectorate, Superior Council of Prosecutors, Court of Accounts), the Budgeting Expert will assist the Head of APO in the process of drafting requests and analyzing the information.
Tasks and Activities:
- Identify, extract, and analyze from the PGO’s overall budget, the data and information about APO’s dedicated expenditures and funding requests for the last 5 years.
- Working with the Head of APO and PGO review all Court of Accounts, Ministry of Finance, Tax Service reports and recommendations related to the APO.
- Draft and provide to the Head of APO a comprehensive budgetary analysis in a format that follows a budget storyline and a visual manner (Charts and Graphs) by critical line-item categories.
- Draft full-scale APO budget projections for 2024 and projections for the next 3-5 years.
- Provide the Head of APO and her designees with responses to ad hoc budget related tasking and respond to any emerging needs or incoming budget related requests.
Level of Effort
The initial anticipated level of effort of this consultancy is the equivalent 85 days (680 hours) and a six-day work week may be authorised if needed. This consultancy's level of effort may be supplemented with up to an additional 30 days if requested by the Head of APO.
Location and Period of Assignment
Chisinau, Moldova. The Consultant will carry out the work in accordance with the number of days listed above. The estimated period of performance is from date of contract signing through January 15, 2024.
The Consultant will meet the following criteria:
- A university degree in economics, accounting, public finance, or other related fields and those with advanced degrees will be given preference.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in analyzing and drafting budgets according to the laws, regulations and institutional practices governing the disbursement of public funding and elaboration of budgets for/by governmental agencies in Moldova.
- Proven experience in the financial and public accounting system, rules, and regulations in Moldova
- Ability to assess and/or develop sound cost-share concepts, and the ability to contribute to costing efforts for budgetary projections.
Those interested in applying should send the following to email@example.com with “APO Budget Expert” in the subject line:
- Cover letter defining how the applicant meets the minimum requirements.
- Current CV.
- The name, position title, mobile number, and email address of three professional references.
Incomplete submission will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office
- Driver / Administrative Clerk - UNDP Moldova/PRIM Project
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Programme Officer for the Swedish Red Cross
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR - 14021
- UNDP Moldova: Communication Analyst (NPSA8) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross