Management Systems International is hiring for Finance and Administration Manager
Finance and Administration Manager, USAID/OTI Moldova Program, Chișinău
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Working in close coordination with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI), MSI will establish and manage a flexible, quick-response mechanism supporting activities that will advance democracy and stability in Moldova. USAID/OTI and MSI will work with a coalition of civic, media, and government stakeholders in support of program goals. The program will operate primarily through a small grants mechanism and will rely on ongoing analysis of the local context to inform programming. This posting will close effective April 1, 2023.
**Please note: Only Moldovan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) will be responsible for all accounting, budgeting, financial, contractual, and administrative operations. FAM will ensure that accounting, budgeting, and financial activities are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the project, and in compliance with Moldovan law, USAID regulations, and MSI policies and procedures. FAM will report to Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with the ultimate supervision from the Chief of Party (COP). This is a long-term assignment.
- Work closely with the COP, DCOP, and Home Office Project Management team (HO PMT) to establish and oversee the financial management of the program, including but not limited to submission of monthly financial budget forecast and cash flow projections for the project expenses, monthly submission of financial records to HO, operating budget tracking/obligation oversight, and adherence to audit/financial procedures.
- Oversee the program’s administrative systems, processes and resources in line with best practice, relevant laws, and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, and other financial, human resource, and procurement laws and regulations.
- Ensure availability of funds and oversee bank reconciliation statements for all funds in foreign and local currencies.
- Manage and support the payment process for program activities, carry out monitoring of advances and ensure the proper use and management of the financial resources of the program, in line with the requirements of USAID and MSI.
- Review all payment documentation and verify information prior to approval, signature of the COP and DCOP, and payment processing.
- Ensure that accounting and finance actions are compliant with MSI and USAID procedures and regulations; advise COP on policies and regulations related to finance.
- Ensure that all required documents are accurate and updated and compliant with the up-to-date local regulations and laws governing taxes, contracts, administration and accounting.
- Ensure that all financial books and records are properly maintained in accordance with the HO policy and the best practices as needed.
- Support and monitor requests for funds for the implementation of the program.
- Monitor and support proper management and continuous updating of the asset inventory of the program, including transfer of property, disposition plan and any other specific use.
- Support Grants Officers with financial aspects of grants management including review and audit grantee financial reports ensuing compliance with grant agreement requirements, etc.
- Support Procurement team and provide guidance of MSI and USAID procedures and regulations.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in project financial management with strong knowledge of international donor requirements is required.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and business practices and direct experience managing the finances and administration of a USAID-funded project are required.
- Familiarity with grants management and project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing, as well as reporting on accruals, pipelines and expenses., etc.
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and FrontPage).
- Excellent communication skills as well as: a) proactive problem-solving abilities independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) inter-personal skills, self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations :
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech's Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Ambasada SUA la Chișinău angajează Gradinar
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant, Direcția dezvoltarea supravegherii altor instituții financiare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica datoriei externe
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic Edinet
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica investițiilor directe
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica veniturilor secundare
- Logistics Officer Moldova Chisinau
- Administrative Assistant (IOM Moldova, EUBAM)
- Call for expression of interest - Secretariat staff – Commission 2 Vetting - Moldova