The Alliance of Small Enterprises from Moldova(AIM) is a non-governmental, membership-based business association. AIM’s members are small businesses working in the Republic of Moldova. Our members work together as allies through networking, resourcing, advocacy, and other initiatives to encourage and protect the development and growth through sharing common principles.
The mission of AIM is to advance and protect the general welfare and prosperity of small businesses and those doing business with small businesses in the Republic of Moldova so that the business community and its citizens shall prosper. We serve as a “first call” resource and business trade organization with local, regional, national and international reach.
AIM will be implementing 18 months project “Digitalization resource hub for SMEs” supported by Moldova Future Technologies Activity, Funded by USAID and Sweden.
AIM will uptake the FTA-initiated National Ecommerce Program and will scale the Program to reach more entrepreneurs, and expand the network of program partners – marketplaces, mentors, and ecosystem players (payment processors, logistics partners, last-mile delivery centers, etc) – to co-create value and gains for all partners, building an educational and awareness component to improve SME e-commerce knowledge, expertise, and business models, and leveraging incentive funds (grants) for e-commerce entrepreneurs from FTA and Entrepreneurship Development Organization (ODA) grants (SME Digitalization, REtechnologization and Innovation/Startup Programs).
The overall objective is to scale the National Ecommerce Program resulting in 150 small and medium enterprises actively engaged in ecommerce, achieving increased digital sales on domestic and regional markets.
AIM is searching for experienced candidates for the position of project manager. The Project Manager works under the supervision of the Project director and his/her primary duties will be to implement and manage project activities that will lead to the development and scale of the National E-commerce Program for SMEs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the project director and relevant technical teams and sector stakeholders to implement, and manage project activities
- Collaborate with sector stakeholders and other partners to scale successful initiatives
- Facilitate data collection, monitoring, adaptation, and learning with partners
- Participate in intervention and activity level collaboration, learning, and adaptation and contribute to activity reporting and annual planning
- Coordinates with the technical team to collect and elaborate technical specifications and scopes of work for relevant procurements and financial transactions, develop Requests for Quotations/Proposal, coordinates evaluations of received offers, develop Purchase Orders, coordinates the review and approval of quality goods and services, liaise with vendors, and prepare final payment packages for review.
- Support the financial and administrative team to coordinate the project’s procurement efforts, including technical procurements and procurements related to office administration.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed—escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans
A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required
- Demonstrated experience in project management in business-related projects
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others
- Preferably experience in e-commerce and business sectors
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear reports and present them verbally.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Interested candidates shall submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email will include the following information: Project Manager.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview.
AIM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.