Are you motivated, organised and with an eye for details? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? Are you interested in contributing to the protection of human rights of refugees and migrants? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The Council of Europe Project “Strengthening the human rights protection of refugees and migrants in the Republic of Moldova” aims to provide tailor-made support to the Republic of Moldova in addressing the needs of refugees and migrants and building resilient migration, asylum and reception systems in the long term. In light of the increased number of women, children, and the elderly among the refugee population, particular attention will be given to promoting policies and practical solutions that address their specific needs. A particular focus will also be given to supporting staff and personnel working in these fields, not only in terms of strengthening professional capacities but also in addressing burnout and overwhelming demands in an unprecedented situation.
The Project will work towards achieving the following expected results.1: National authorities advanced the legislative and policy framework on the human rights protection of refugees and migrants in line with European and international human rights standards. 2: Legal professionals, the judiciary, migration authorities, civil servants and other professionals (police, border guards, Ombudsperson office, etc.) apply a human rights and gender-based response to the needs of refugees and migrants. 3: Access to support services and information for refugees and migrants at the local level is facilitated.
Overall, the Project will build on the Council of Europe human rights standards, especially the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights and promising practices developed in other Council of Europe member States.
As a Project Assistant you will:
- assist in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the project’s activities, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- ensure the administrative and financial assistance and the organisational support for the project’s implementation;
- carry out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events;
- follow up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organise travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the project’s needs; deal with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- process purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements;
- process and draft correspondence, memos, documents, presentations and assist in preparing reports;
- proofread and correct linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; translate documents and texts related to project activities from/to English; check translations; organise the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- receive, review and dispatch incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- record, maintain and update a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- work in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of project activities;
- report to the supervisor on activities in progress and informs of any problems encountered;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and project management;
- carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the project implementation;
- promote Council of Europe values internally and externally.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies;
- have a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience relating to administrative tasks (in public or private spheres) or project implementation support duties or similar;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe’s official languages (English or French);
- be a citizen of one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
- Professional and technical expertise:
- Proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- General knowledge and understanding of the activities of the Council of Europe;
- General knowledge and understanding of international co-operation activities;
Conseil de l’Europe, Direction des ressources humaines - firstname.lastname@example.org - https://www.coe.int/jobs
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentation software, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications);
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Service orientation
- Teamwork and co-operation
These would be an asset:
Professional and technical expertise:
- professional experience related to project implementation support duties and assistance;
- experience of working in an international environment;
- Learning and development
- Results orientation
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade B2. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 931,35 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation. You will be affiliated to a pension scheme and social and medical insurance. You will also benefit from 32 working days leave per year and other advantages (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 19 October 2022 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Assistant (NPSA-5) - UNDP Moldova Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- Project Finance Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/ Dniester II Project
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Shelter and WASH Technical Officer in Ocnita
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Manager (NPSA10) - Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty/FPI (EU-funded project)
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Contabil / Contabilă în Secția financiar administrativă
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- UNWFP Moldova: Procurement Associate (SC6) based in Chisinau
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare