Litigation Specialist. The Pre-Vetting Evaluation Commission. Deadline for Applications – September 18, 2022 @ 18:00
Deadline for Applications – September 18, 2022 @ 18:00
THIS IS AN EXTENSION OF A PRIOR POSTING –
THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT RE-APPLY
In cooperation with its development partners the Pre-Vetting Evaluation Commission and its Secretariat seek to contract two litigation specialists. The Pre-Vetting Evaluation Commission and its Secretariat are responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the financial and ethical integrity of candidates to the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively. Authority for the pre-vetting process is set forth in Law 26/2022, and pre-vetting decisions are made by the independent Evaluation Commission (EC) made up of three (3) national and three (3) international members. The EC is supported by a Secretariat which performs technical and administrative roles and is led by a Head of Secretariat and Senior Coordinator. Law 26/2022 allows candidates to appeal adverse decisions to the Supreme Court of Moldova. If appeals are filed, the EC must defend its decision making without disruption or delay to the overall pre-vetting process.
The selected Litigation Specialists will support/represent the Commission in any appeals filed in the courts of Moldova and will work on an as-needed basis. The selected candidates will be provided an individual award to from the US Embassy’s International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs Section (INL) and will provide support directly to the Evaluation Commission based on a Scope of Work developed by the Commission and candidates and approved by INL.
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- Applicants must consent to a NAC background check and provide 3 professional references.
- Applicants must be available on an as needed basis from date of awarding through 31 December 2022.
- The candidates will be asked to sign a statement assuring that no conflicts of interest exist with their current or former clients or cases.
- Billable rates will be negotiated by INL with successful candidates based in part on their prior salary/billing history.
- The selected candidates will bill their time hourly (to the quarter-hour) and submit detailed time records at least monthly to INL, with their time records verified and signed by the Evaluation Commission Chair.
- Provide all needed support, background materials, research, and written and oral advocacy to ensure the Evaluation Commission is well represented in all legal proceedings related to their interim and final decisions.
- Provide accurate and high-quality legal research on issues raised during any litigation in which the Evaluation Commission or Secretariat is a party.
- Based on coordination with the Evaluation Commission, and any additional external representation it may engage, represent the Commission in the Moldovan courts.
- Perform all other duties requested within the context of litigation related to the Pre-Vetting process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passionate about justice reform.
- Creative and agile thinker.
- Licensed attorney able to represent the Evaluation Commission and Secretariat in legal/judicial matters.
- 2 or more years of proven litigation experience at second instance and higher courts.
- Experienced in legal reasoning and writing and able to provide recent examples
- Ability to communicate at a high-level both in writing and verbally
- Organized and detailed oriented individual able to work in a high-performance team.
- Fluent in Romanian, candidates with a working level of English will be given preference
- Available to work on an as-needed basis.
- Provision of references upon request.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit the following:
- A cover letter highlighting relevant experience (no more than 2 pages)
- A current CV in English
- 3 professional references (Name, email address and phone number)
Submissions must be made to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should note “Pre-vetting Litigation Specialist” in the email subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Selected applicants will be contracted through the US Embassy’s INL Bureau.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant al Direcției FinTech
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal elaborare modele economice
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal politici macroprudențiale
- People in Need angajează facilitator pentru spațiu prietenos copilului (Ocnița)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al direcției combaterea spălării banilor și finanțării terorismului
- Apel de selectare a unui expert/grup de experți pentru crearea și desfășurarea Acceleratorului Start-up Lab pentru tineri antreprenori în cadrul proiectului Youth4Entrepreneurship
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar
- IREX seeks a qualified Media Business Advisor for a 5-year USAID-funded media support program in Central Europe
- People in Need Moldova în parteneriat cu Asociația de Dezvoltare Durabilă Generația PRO angajează facilitator pentru spațiu prietenos copilului (Ștefan-Vodă)