Project Manager and Coordinator
Where and when: 1 year, full time, starting from June 2022 – ALDA office in Chisinau (Moldova)
ALDA – European Association for Local Democracy, is dedicated to the promotion of good governance and citizen participation at the local level. ALDA focuses on activities facilitating cooperation between local authorities and civil society.
It was established in 1999 at the initiative of the Council of Europe to coordinate and support the network of Local Democracy Agencies, which are self-sustainable, locally registered NGOs acting as promoters of good governance and local self-government. Today, ALDA is a key stakeholder in the field of local democracy, active citizenship, and cooperation between local authorities and civil society.
For more information, please see our website: www.alda-europe.eu
Main tasks and responsibilities:
The Project Manager and Coordinator will directly report to the Head of Unit. S/he will coordinate the implementation of various projects and activities implemented by ALDA in Eastern Partnership countries. S/he will be in charge of managing on-going and newly starting projects.
The project management entails:
- Plan and/or implement the action plan of the projects, organizing events and other initiatives described in the programme
- To interact with consortium members, partnerships and other platforms related to supervised projects;
- Coordinate projects’ communication and dissemination activities together with regional comms officer and communication unit (located in Italy).
- Liaise and share knowledge about the project with the team of ALDA
- Manage the relationship with donors (mainly the European Commission) in cooperation with the Head of Unit
- Identify possible sources of projects co-funding together with Resources and Development office of ALDA;
- To be responsible of the use of the budget of the programme and carefully and responsively manage the resources allocated;
- To report about the project (both narrative and financial) with the support of the Financial office of ALDA;
- To contribute with inputs and suggestions to the best implementation of the project
- To be present to the events of the projects and other events of ALDA, both in Moldova, EaP region or EU countries;
- Contribute to with her/his knowledge to the team development by facilitating different internal and external capacity building activities;
- Contribute to identification of new funding opportunities and strategic partnerships in the region. Actively engaging in projects development by supporting the Head of Unit and Project Development Unit with its regional knowledge and expertise;
- Build synergies among regional projects from impact, funding and events/activities point of view;
- Identify key points of projects, including practices and advocacy ones, that could be useful for lobbying in ALDA’s strategies and liaise with the Head of Unit to advocate for it;
- Manifest quick reaction in case of difficulties in implementation;
- Highly motivated, result-driven person, flexibility, eagerness to learn quickly;
- Respect for hierarchy, positive and collaborative attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, respecting tight deadlines. When necessary open to work extra-hours or on weekends (with follow up recuperation of working extra- time);
- Knowledge of project cycle management especially EU project, but also other donors’ requirements (USAID, NED, SIDA );
- Ability to work in team and autonomously, with a pleasant and respectful behavior;
- Creativity, innovation, initiative, accuracy and attention to details;
Education, languages and tools:
- University Degree, preferably master degree;
- At least 2 years of previous experience in project implementation and resources management of complex programs with budget over 100 k Previous experience of sub-granting programs coordination;
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian and English (both written and spoken). Russian knowledge is highly Any other languages represent an asset.
- Interest in issues of local democracy, participatory and active citizenship, and European
- Previous experience in international organizations, local NGOs and/or similar organizations is highly
How does it look like to work in ALDA?
The incumbent will be part of a hard-working, motivated, fast-paced international team. In constant interaction with colleagues, as well as a wide network of members and partners, s/he will pursue the mission of the Association until results are met. ALDA offers unique learning and growing opportunities, as well as a human and flexible working approach; it requires the same flexibility, together with willingness to learn and to achieve goals.
Suggestions and ideas from all staff are welcome, while a sound understanding and respect for the context is needed. The ability to interact in a professional and constructive way with all internal and external stakeholders is a conditio sine qua non.
Terms of contract
The contract will be for a period of 12 months and can be renewed subject to availability of resources and satisfactory performance evaluation at the completion of the first contracted period. The contract will preferably start in June 2022. Location: Chisinau, with occasional missions in Eastern Partnership Countries (up to 15% of the working time). Salary proposal will be based on the experience and qualifications of the candidate within the salary grid of ALDA.
How to apply:
Interested candidates in line with the profile described above should send their CV and cover letter in English by May 18th, 2022 (23.59 CET Time) to email@example.com with the following subject line: “Project Manager and Coordinator - Chisinau”.
Please note that due to high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding!