The expert will be selected for 30 working days.
Policy analysis and monitoring
Tasks and responsibilities
- Collect and analyse the necessary information on agriculture production, food supply, prices and available stocks;
- Coordinate with the MoARDE the analysis needs and provide capacity building activities for its staff;
- Monitor the dynamics and project the tendencies of the food prices and stocks in;
- Recommend policy actions on COVID-19 impact in the agriculture sector, including use of subsidy system;
- Provide support to the FAO country office in monitoring the COVID-19 negative effects on agriculture and food systems
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in a relevant field such as economics, agriculture, public policy or related areas.
- 10 years of experience in policy analysis and monitoring, agriculture development.
- 5 years of experience in developing strategic initiatives and policy documents in the areas of agriculture, food security, rural development.
- Fluency in English
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details to [email protected] by 14 May inclusive.