EU4Moldova Startup City Cahul
Reference Agreement number: 13797
Scope of work: Consultant English language editor/ proofreader
The Government of Sweden has entered into a delegated agreement with the European Union Delegation in June 2020 for the implementation of the EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul Project aiming to develop a regional ICT Innovation Centre for the Cahul region. The National Association of ICT Companies has entered into an agreement with Sweden on September 15, 2020, for the implementation of the project.
The project is in line with the Annual Action Programme 2019 in favor of the Republic of Moldova and its Action entitled ‘EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul’, based on the Commission Decision ENI/2019/042-243.
The overall objective of the Action is to harness and strengthen the potential of the digital economy and enhance regional competitiveness, its business and its investment environment.
Project specific objectives:
- Foster partnerships for innovation and entrepreneurship between the private sector, public sector, and educational institutions in the region of Cahul.
- Promote technology, problem solving and creative solutions in learning and make STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) more attractive for women and men, girls and boys.
- Facilitate the emergence of start-ups in innovative sectors; build their capacity and investment readiness.
Purpose and objective:
Within this scope, ATIC intends to hire an English language editor/ proofreader to improve the quality of the English content of public and corporate communication materials.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Working in close collaboration with the assigned Deputy Project Director and Monitoring, Evaluating and Reporting Manager, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Proofreading and editing of corporate communication materials, reports and publications in English, making sure that the terminology is in line with ATIC’s and partners’ standards, ensuring the accuracy of the content,
- Ensuring that all edited documents concentrate on flow and clarity of argument, sequencing, consistency, as well as correct style and punctuation, spelling, and grammar,
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent providing editorial input and communicate with the team members to provide consistent, accurate and high-quality products,
- Highlighting areas where clarification and additional explanation is needed and references are needed (e.g., over-generalizations/unfounded arguments),
- Rewriting of poorly presented sentences to improve readability and ease of understanding. If substantial rewriting is required, maintain a unified style of the entire communication product,
- Ensuring that in-text references, illustrations, and captions are in the correct style and format and that the table of contents page, list of figures and tables are verified,
- Meeting proofreading deadlines,
- Maintaining high ethical standards, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest.
- 2-3 revisions of the written text, with extensive proofreading, edits, fact-checking,
- final (1) copy of the proofread and edited written work.
The consultant will report to the Project Director, or her designee, who will be responsible for supervising the consultants’ performance.
Period of performance and level of effort:
The assignment will begin in July 2022 and the contract will cover one calendar year.
The level of effort in days needed for this assignment will be negotiated. The volume of work is evaluated to a min. of 150 pages per year.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, mass communication or similar field and
- superior knowledge of the English language,
- Excellent writing and editing skills in preparing reports, success stories, briefs and similar communication products for various audiences,
- Demonstrated ability to produce well-written texts, and proofreading experience,
- Good command of MS Office,
- Motivation to work on their own, manage changing priorities, and to meet deadlines,
- Familiarity with business terminology,
- Reliable, accurate and systematic,
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving.
Place of performance
The contractor will perform his/her duties remotely.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and letter of intent with an overview of previous experiences, financial proposal and example of writing and/or editing/quality assurance work in English by June 30, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/ Proofreader.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.