The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Finance
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities):
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a dedicated Corporate Services Officer (CSO).
The Corporate Services Officer (CSO) is part of the Corporate Services Team, performing tasks in the areas of Finance, Procurement, HR and Estates management matters.
The CSO reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) and oversees a range of operational and administrative services in line with Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office policy and guidelines.
The CSO has managerial responsibility, supervising 3 local staff at S1 and S3 grades, and deputises for the CSM in her absence.
The CSO is also a key liaison officer with essential internal and external corporate service contacts.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of Post accounts, ensuring that finance, procurement and HR operations are compliant with audit requirements and FCDO guidance;
- Prepare end of month financial reports and monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for income tax, medical compulsory insurance and social fund returns for the Moldovan authorities;
- Process payments, inter-account bank transfers and cash withdrawals. Assist the CSM with cash profiling and monitor profiled cash spent by project team;
- Prepare documents as required by local bank (contracts for managing accounts, managing staff salary cards, official signatories of the bank payments etc);
- Liase with Finance Hub and Global Transaction Process Centre (GTPC) in Manila on finance and financial transaction issues.
- Plan and organise maintenance of the Embassy estate, the Ambassador’s residence and 3 other properties, ensuring health and safety compliance to the required standards;
- Liaise with suppliers: check on the quality of works and services and report any concerns to CSM; maintain the inventory of equipment and furnishings at the office and residential properties; monitor conditions and flag items for replacement following relevant guidance on procurement and disposal;
- Liaise with Regional Technical Works Officers and assist with the implementation of required actions and compliance to the required UK standards.
- Responsible for housekeeping of employment, grievance and dismissal process;
- Provide reports to local authorities and banks on new starts;
- Update induction materials and rosters and participate in the onboarding of new local and UK-based new staff;
- Update staff details in accounting records;
- Be apprised of local legislation with regards to any updates on employment/dismissal and make changes to terms and conditions of service;
- Perform salary calculations and any related payments, such as maternity, redundancy, bonuses and overtime;
- Liaise with HR Hub on staffing issues;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Post Learning & Development Plan and assist with organising training events;
- Assist UK based officer with arrivals, departures, unaccompanied air freight, and heavy baggage.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Graduate with a proven professional track record in corporate management, procurement finance or other relevant field;
- Fluency in English and Romanian;
- IT proficiency and ability to work across multiple platforms and experience with an Oracle package or similar online database as well as Microsoft office suite programmes (Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as communicate with the team and a broader office platform;
- Problem solving and ability to think through the next steps to inform positive change;
- Demonstrable analytical skills and an ability to understand complex information;
- Resilience - the ability to work under pressure;
- Flexibility to perform other tasks when needed;
- Customer focused.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good level of Russian would be an asset;
- Knowledge of local legislation pertaining to accounting and finance;
- Previous working experience in 1C programme;
- Previous experience within a government or international organisation (desirable) particularly in a role in finance, estate, procurement and HR management.
Required competencies: Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
Application deadline: 10 December 2020
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Starting monthly salary (MDL): 20,964 gross
Start Date: 4 January 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment: This is a full-time permanent position of 35 hours (net) per week. The gross monthly salary is 20,964 MDL payable in 12 equal instalments. All applicants must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Republic of Moldova and be prepared to ensure that right remains the scope of the contract. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Chisinau are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
To apply for this position, click HERE