Contract title: Transportation Services
Procedure: Negotiated Tender
Contracting Authority: Člověk v tísni, o.p.s. (People in Need, hereinafter PIN)
entered in the register of benevolent associations maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section O, Entry 119
with its registered office at Šafaříkova 635/24, 120 00 Prague 2, ID: 257 55 277
Local Office Address: 20 Toma Ciorba str, of.7, Chisinau, MD - 2004
I. SCOPE OF TENDER
- Qualified tender offers (bids) are sought from competent contractors (companies or individuals) who are legally registered for the provision of following services: Transportation services for 5-25 people for the purpose of local and international trips to various locations in Moldova and EU countries.
The offer will include four types of vehicles:
- 1 to 5 persons;
- 5 to 10 persons;
- up to 19 persons;
- up to 25 persons.
Period and value of the contract:
- Framework contract will be valid for 1 year. Payments will be made in accordance with the value of services provided by issuing of vendor´s invoice at the end of each month. Payment of the transportation will be completed in the last day of each month according to the invoices issuing by vendor and approved by PIN and also providing PIN with all documentation such as proper invoice, number of people transported, logbook.
- PIN reserves the right to repeat this tender at any time in the future with an aim to make prices more competitive. If the market prices for items procured under this tender fall by more than 10%, PIN will either organize a new tender, or negotiate a discount with the framework supplier(s) corresponding to the change in the market price.
- Tender offers have to be submitted to the PIN Office in Chisinau (Toma Ciorba 20, office no. 7, Chisinau, MD 2012), sent by registered post or via email to address: email@example.com (subject: transportation services tender) to reach the PIN office/email address before closing date and time: 18/01/2021 10.00 am (CET). Bids received after the closing date/time will not be considered.
Tender forms and instructions included in tender documentation must be strictly followed otherwise the tender offer might be excluded.
- If any of the Tenderers requires any clarification relating to the tender, such question should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case the Tenderer does not inform PIN about corresponding e-mail address, PIN will send the copy of the answer to any e-mail address available to PIN from public sources and then the Tenderer cannot claim that they/it did not know the same information as other Tenderers.
Any requests for clarification must be submitted by 11/01/2021. PIN does not guarantee that all questions will be answered.
- Each Tenderer shall submit only one Tender offer, either individually or as a partner in a joint venture. A Tenderer who submits or participates in more than one Tender offer will be disqualified from the Tender.
III. SELECTION AND AWARD CRITERIA
- To accept or reject the tender is the responsibility of the Tender Evaluation Committee, decision of which shall be final.
- Each tenderer must meet and properly document the following qualification criteria:
- Authorisation to engage in activities in the respective field.
- Company’s/Individual credibility and capacity to fulfill the delivery proven by description of at least 2 successful deliveries of services comparable to the tender in the last 5 years (contacts for its verification).
- All offered vehicles must comply with Moldovan and European traffic law and must be in the perfect technical conditions.
- The tender evaluation committee will evaluate and award the contract on the basis of the following selection criteria
- Price offered per kilometre (incl. VAT).
- Suitability of the service for the purpose (type and technical specification of the vehicles - according to Annex I. Specification, cat. 1 Requirements of the vehicles, and mentioning Fuel-efficiency of the vehicles km/l or MPG).
- Company’s/Individual’s relevant experience and references (2 references from NGOs/international projects are desired).
- The tender evaluation committee will award the contract on the basis of the following selection method. For each of the criteria below, a score will be calculated using the method defined. For each supplier, the scores obtained for each of the 3 criteria will then be added together. The supplier with the highest total score is the winner of the tender.
- Price (criteria weight = 55%)
- Suitability of the service (25%)
- Company’s/Individual’s relevant experience and references and capacity to provide the services (criteria weight = 20%)
V. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- The Tenderer shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the Tender, and PIN will in no case be responsible or liable for such costs.
- Tender offer must remain valid for the period of 60 days from the date of closing unless withdrawn in writing before the close of tenders.
- The framework contract will be concluded with 2 tenderers ranking highest. Should the winning tenderer fail to provide to PIN the necessary cooperation to conclude the contract within the period of 30 days upon the tender results notice, PIN can further negotiate with the second and third best tenderer that shall be considered the winning tenderer. Should they fail to conclude the contract with the second best tenderer within 15 days following the notice, PIN is allowed to cancel the tender. Notice of results shall be deemed the third day following the day of dispatch of the tender results notice.
For every respective rental contract under the framework contract, PIN will first contact the highest ranking tenderer with its current Request/Order for exact type of vehicle(s), their quantity and expected period of rent and location of service. If the highest ranking tenderer can´t provide all or some of the requested vehicles, PIN will contact the second highest ranking tenderer with request to supply remaining vehicles.
- Tender offer shall consist of the following documents (refer to Annex II):
- Annex III.: General information of the tenderer/updated CV.
- Annex IV. Price specification per kilometer in Euro for different size of buses.
- Technical specifications and pictures of the vehicles/buses (including miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) or km/liter characteristic).
- Trade registration certificate of the company (in case of the company).
- Copies of vehicles’ registration in Moldova and for the EU; driving licenses of drivers.
- Minimum 2 references confirming the experience in performing similar projects in the past 5 years. Provide: (1) Name of the organization and project name (2) Type of service (number of persons transported, destination, etc.) (3) Contact details for a person who can provide references.
- PIN reserves the right to cancel the tender without giving any reason.
- PIN reserves right for initial technical check-up of vehicles.
- NON-EXCLUSIVITY The Supplier acknowledges that, in entering this Framework Agreement, no form of exclusivity or purchased volume guarantee has been granted by the Buyer of Service from the Supplier and that the Buyer is at all times entitled to enter into other contracts and agreements with other Suppliers for the provision of the Service.
V. GROUNDS FOR TENDERER’S EXCLUSION
PIN shall exclude from the tender any bid of a tenderer falling into any of the following cases:
- They are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are the subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure provided for in national legislation or regulations;
- They have been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct by a judgement that has the force of res judicata;
- They have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means that the contracting authority can justify;
- They have not fulfilled obligations relating to payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those of the country of the contracting authority or those of the country where the contract is to be performed;
- They have been involved in corrupt, fraudulent collusive and/or coercive practices and/or do not take steps to reject such behaviour and/or the tenderer or its management have been the subject of a judgement that has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organization or any other illegal activity;
- Following another procurement procedure or grant award procedure financed by PIN or donor of the project, they have been declared to be in serious breach of contract for failure to comply with their contractual obligations;
Bids of tenderers shall be disqualified from the tender who, during the procurement procedure:
- could constitute grounds for a conflict of interest or the tenderer already is in the conflict of interest; or a tenderer is guilty of misrepresentation in supplying the information to PIN required as a condition of participation in the tender or failed to supply this information.
- the tenderer does not meet the qualification criteria or PIN requirements stipulated by the tender documentation.
VI. OTHER CONDITIONS
PIN can cancel the announced tender in the following cases:
- PIN has not been delivered any bid, or the bids delivered have been disqualified from the tender.
- major discrepancies have been found in the Tender Notice or other supporting documentation of the tender.
- serious circumstances have occurred during the tender which prevent to require PIN to continue the tender.
- only one bid, complying with the tender conditions, has been submitted.
- the winning tenderer have not stated true facts in their bid.
- PIN is not obliged to conclude a contract with the winner of the tender if their bid is at dumping price or otherwise jeopardizes free competition in the market (e.g. forbidden supplier agreements, cartels, abuse of the leading position in the market).
- If the tender is cancelled as per a), c), d) PIN has the right to proceed according to conditions stipulated in 8.2.
- If the tender is cancelled as per b) PIN has the right to announce a new tender.
- If the tender is cancelled as per e) or no contract is concluded with the winning tenderer, PIN has the right to accept a bid of the tenderer in the second or other place in the tender.
- PIN reserves the right to conclude the contract for provision of particular cars with next best scoring bidder in case the winning bidder is not able temporarily meet the needs.
- PIN reserves the right to terminate the frame contract with winning supplier immediately if the supplier was not able to supply appropriate vehicle on two occasions. In such case PIN reserves the right to sign frame contract with next best scoring bidder.
Tenderers will be notified about the results of the tender via email within 10 working days after the termination of the tender.
Further negotiations with a tenderer the about price and conditions are allowed if the negotiation is directed at making the bid more favourable for PIN.
In justified cases, after receiving bids and/or during the negotiation (especially if it becomes apparent, that none of the tenderers can execute the contract in its full extent) is PIN entitled to split the contract between two or more suppliers so, that each of them will supply part of the contract. This decision must be announced to all bidders so, that they have chance to modify their bids.
Annex I: Specifications
Annex II: List of documents to submit with tender application
Annex III: General information of the tenderer
Annex IV: Price specification per kilometer in MDL for different size of vehicles/buses.