The Association of Creative Industry Companies in Moldova (COR) works to strengthen the ecosystem for Moldova’s graphics, design, sound, animation, arts, music and other creative subsectors with high export potential. Artcor Creative Industries Center (launched in June 2019) is a new infrastructure providing access to cutting-edge training opportunities and skills upgrades; accelerating start-ups; and serving as the nucleus of Moldova’s emerging creative community. Artcor Center is located on the premises of Fine Arts Academy (AMTAP), managed by COR Association and strategically supported by the Moldova Competitiveness Project, financed by USAID, Sweden and UK aid, and implemented by Chemonics International INC.
COR Association and Artcor Center are looking for an Operations and Partnerships Manager with proven experience in managing multifaced activities moving creative sectors players towards expanded market linkages and increased competitiveness. The position is intended to support the executive teams of COR Association and Artcor Center. Illustrative activities are listed below. Other relevant activities may be added at the discretion of the Artcor and COR Executive Directors as circumstances warrant.
- Oversee and maintain the relationship with COR members, including sending regular information emails, newsletters, keeping the minutes of the board meetings and sub-committee’s gatherings. Build productive working relationships with COR members and partners, including donors. Address partner concerns and queries promptly and ensure partner satisfaction.
- Establish partnerships for Artcor programmes and events within local market of creative industry and other stakeholders in order to catalyze the development of the sector.
- Fundraise for the activities meant to develop the creative community in Moldova
- Build and maintain international partnerships with creative sectors in target markets and other creative hubs.
- Enable and facilitate market linkages and international collaborations, including arranging B2B events, Moldova’s participation at international exhibitions, events, etc.
- Support the executive teams of COR and Artcor by implementing and monitoring the activities in the annual/strategy action plan; researching data for the board and donors; making travel arrangements for guests; preparing financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, and other documents; handling basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Develop and implement activities in the Artcor action plan.
- Organize periodic events (monthly, quarterly) with COR members, and other partners, donors and other industry stakeholders.
- Build and maintain the monitoring and evaluation of the implemented activities, events and contribute to the visibility and communications, PR, logistics of the COR and Artcor.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the COR and Artcor executive directors or their designee.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Marketing/ Management, Project Management, International Relations/Trade and other related fields;
- Excellent Romanian and English language written and oral skills;
- Proven understanding of:
- Industry competitiveness strategies,
- Markets and competition,
- Development of export tactics.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- Proven ability to think strategically and ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with local counterparts including Government, universities, businesses, associations, and other stakeholders; A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to build partnerships between Associations, Governments, foreign companies/partners;
- Project management capabilities – management of subcontracts, budgets of various sizes, timeframes;
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- At least two years of experience in project management, business associations, NGOs, international development, and other related fields.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit their applications by August 25, 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Operations and Partnerships Manager, and include the following:
- Cover letter outlining in detail their qualifications, previous experience and availability,
- Copy of the University Diploma.
All submissions must be in English. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.