CILC is looking for a representative in Chisinau, Moldova
Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC)
CILC supports justice reform processes and facilitates international legal cooperation. We provide advisory and capacity building services to strengthen justice sector public authorities, professional associations, training institutes and justice reform task forces in developing countries and countries in transition.
CILC is currently supporting the pre-vetting process in Moldova. For this, CILC is collaborating with national and international (EU and US) actors based in Chisinau. As CILC’s work in Moldova is expanding, we are looking for a local representative to be our in-country focal point for international donors, the Moldovan administration, judiciary, academia, and civil society.
Available position: Local representative
Period: 1 year (full or parttime assignment) with possible extension
- Represent CILC in Moldova, including the weekly and ad hoc donor meetings
- Strengthen and build the network with stakeholders in relation to the (pre-)vetting process, i.e. EU Delegation, EU Member States, US Partners (INL, USAID, US Embassy), Council of Europe, NL Embassy office, Ministry of Justice of Moldova, Parliament, SCM, SCP, National Institute of Justice, civil society, relevant EU/other donor funded projects, individual experts and other possible stakeholders
- Gain knowledge and insights on the (pre-)vetting process and related supporting measures, targeting SCM, SCP, SCJ, National Institute of Justice, legislative drafting, judicial/justice reform policies
- Select locally short and long-term experts for activities related to the (pre-)vetting process and the supporting measures
- Report to CILC HQ about developments and meetings
- Support (on demand) the well-functioning of the vetting bodies
- Translate project related correspondence when needed
- Administer and organise locally CILC’s involvement in Moldova
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team worker with positive and constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Creative mind
- Understanding of the local political and legal context
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyse data
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work independently and willing to take initiative
- Ability to deliver to set deadlines
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- University degree (internships or (partial) studies abroad are considered an asset)
- Excellent command of office software, such as Word and Excel
- Experience with project management in (ideally) EU/NL funded capacity building projects.
- Experience in providing administrative and operational support
- Experience with a project coordinator role
Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Romanian. Working knowledge of Russian is considered an asset.
The remuneration reflects our desire to attract and motivate staff. We offer a competitive remuneration (fee or salary) based on relevant experience and qualifications.
The job is based in Chisinau/Moldova.
If you are interested and find yourself competent for this position, please email your application letter and CV in EU format to:
Rodica Malancea [email@example.com]
Deadline for application: 9 December 2022
Only those shortlisted will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.