Grants Specialist for the USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA)
Chemonics International Inc. seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of Grants Specialist for the USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA). Chemonics International Inc. (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.
USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) is a five-year project (2022-2027) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The goal of RCRA is to stimulate a sustainable and inclusive recovery from the regional crisis brought on by the latest Russian invasion of Ukraine and accelerate an inclusive, climate-resilient economic development of rural Moldova by protecting the development gains made with USAID support over the past decade and further stimulate the competitiveness of key economic sectors, including the wine industry, high-value agriculture, and tourism.
The objectives of the Activity are:
- Accelerated export diversification and Western market integration in targeted sectors
- Enhanced economic resilience of small and medium enterprises in targeted sectors
- Improved sector enabling environment to facilitate resilience and Western integration.
The Grants Specialist will be responsible for ensuring compliant, effective, grants management throughout the entire lifecycle of the Climate Change, Innovation, and Technology Transfer Fund (CCITTF). The Grants Specialist will facilitate grant design, competition, pre-award risk assessment, award, conduct procurements for Grants Under Contract (GUC), monitoring, and closeout for grants.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, finetuning, and translating solicitations
- Participate in and document the Grant Selection Committee meetings
- Conduct reference checks, site visits, and pre-award risk assessments
- Participate in conducting institutional assessments and diagnostic analysis of potential grantees. In particular, participate in examining financial, accounting, and administrative procedures for control of funds and expenditures, including appropriate reporting to the authorities
- Assist with drafting grant approval documents
- Prepare Grant Agreements and related documents
- Responsible for grant documentation and compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Maintains grant files and tracker up-to-date (both hard and soft copies)
- Assists with building strong relationship/partnership with grantees
- Works with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to assess performance of grantees and to inform impact assessment of projects, as needed
- As needed, assist or lead procurement efforts for grant activities
- Closely liaise with and provide all necessary assistance to the Grants Program Manager and Grants and Subcontarcts Advisor on issues related to the development, refinement, production, data management, and monitoring of an administrative system to track the activities and performance of grantees
- Serve as a point of contact for applicants and grantees, ensuring positive, compliant communications
- Ensure full compliance with USAID regulations related to fair and open competition for grants and manage the issuance of solicitations for proposals for grants. Assist in evaluating applications for grant funding, including preparation of written reports on the process of evaluation and results of selection
- Conduct other activities as directed by the Grants Program Manager, Grants and Subcontracts Advisor, and/or Chief of Party.
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Understanding of and experience with USAID grants rules and regulations (ADS 303) strongly preferred;
- Experience implementing grants programs along the full grant lifecycle from solicitation to implementation, monitoring, and closeout.
- Strong understanding and experience with documentation such as negotiation memorandums, selection memos, grant agreements, etc. strongly preferred;
- Superior attention to detail, ability to explain complex concepts, and file management;
- Experience working in one or more RCRA technical sectors (high value agriculture, wine, tourism) preferred.
- Supervisory experience, skilled in training and mentoring junior staff
- Experience training and building capacity of Moldovan organizations to receive and manage grant funding
- Ability to follow directions while also working independently;
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at once;
- Adaptable and willing to learn new skills as needed;
- Experience in analyzing budgets, strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Excellent English and Romanian written and oral proficiency. Willingness and ability to work in the English language, with strong English writing skills;
- Excellent inter-personal communication and mediation skills; team-player;
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environments; and
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Please send an email with your expression of interest and CV attached and “RCRA Grants Specialist” in the subject line to MDA-RCRA-Recruit@chemonics.md by January 30, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Grădinița Internațională CHIPS angajează urgent Asistent(ă) Medical(ă)
- DGPDC angajează pedagog / pedagogă în cadrul Serviciului social ,,Centrul maternal de plasament pentru cuplul mamă-copil”
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals only
- Acted is hiring Logistics Assistant - Edinet
- Selectarea unui consultant care va realiza patru filme scurte
- Management Systems International is hiring for Procurement Manager
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic in Falesti
- UCR Data Protection Advisor – Moldova
- OO "Женский клуб "Голубка" приглашает (срочно!) эксперта/тренера для проведения тренинга по адвокаси в городе Басарабяска
- UNDP Moldova: Project Manager (NPSA9) - Moldova Sustainable Green Cities – Catalyzing investment in sustainable green cities in the Republic of Moldova using a holistic integrated urban planning approach (Green Cities Project)