All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The ICLA Technical Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) activities, community outreach and provision of legal services on legal identity, displaced persons registration, housing, land and property rights and access to services. The ICLA Technical Officer will also conduct capacity building activities at internal and external level, and conduct legal monitoring, research, analysis and reporting. The Lawyer will be mentoring and ensure the supervision of the work of a small legal team.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines, standards and donor requirements.
- Ensure adherence to ICLA strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- Implement legal activities according to established plan of action.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement and further program development.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need as well as explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Contribute to the identification of legal protection needs to inform programming and advocacy.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Supervision of team in Ungheni and Găgăuzia.
- Identification of key locations for legal aid services delivery.
- Provide legal assistance and representation for selected cases, according to ICLA criteria.
- Ensure safe identification and referral of persons in need of a specific service.
- Contribute to the development of informational and training materials on legal issues.
- Ensure the data entry and proper filing of documents related to ICLA activities (i.e client files, intake forms and other tools) according to NRC internal procedures.
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans and reports.
- Assist with administrative/logistics/finance tasks whenever required.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by Line Manager.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- NRC ICLA national team
- NRC Partnerships team
- NRC CCs programme staff (e.g. PM, PCs, POs, PAs)
- NRC support unit staff (e.g. administration, finances, logistics)
Scale and scope of position
Beneficiaries, I/NGOs, local authorities, UN Agencies
Share Point, OneDrive, Office 365, OKTA, KOBO, Unit 4, NRC People
Legal or compliance:
Code of Conduct, Basic Rules on Data Protection
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in similar roles in humanitarian/recovery context, will be an asset
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Good knowledge of the refugee context in the Republic of Moldova
- Experience of providing information, counselling and legal assistance / representation services
- Experience of community sensitization
- Experience of working in the field with displaced and/or vulnerable groups and communities
- Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian also Romanian and English.
2. Behavioral competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.