All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Urban Displacement Out of Camp Coordinator position is to coordinate teams and activities in order to implement operations in Moldova.
- Line management of Urban Displacement Out of Camp project field staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and awareness of NRC global and regional strategies
- Contribute to Urban Displacement Out of Camp strategy development, project proposals and provide input on needs and gaps, considering where appropriate the role of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Urban Displacement Out of Camp projects (activities, budget and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements, and ensure high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports CM/UDOC Manager
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly UDOC team planning and operational coordination (for UDOC teams in the Field Office), including on Support functions (on budgets and spending, recruitment, administrative liaison, grants reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Oversee and manage programme quality of UDOC team activities in Moldova, including accountability to and effective engagement with affected people
- Contribute to risk management framework for programming in Moldova Field Office, and support in implementing risk mitigation measures
- Ensure UDOC project activities are fully documented for financial, reporting, accountability, learning, and communication purposes.
- Undertake regular field visits to spot check and monitor project progress and performance.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Project planning and implementation: Moldova Field Office Coordinator (and field office-based support staff), area-based support staff
- Communications: Digital Community Hub Coordinator, Advocacy & Media team,
- Staff Capacity-Building: HR/Admin team
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working in camp-based humanitarian project implementation position
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in a relevant subject, ideal
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO or UN agency
- At least 1 years’ experience in a team leadership or line management position;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MS Office (Word and Excel);
- Preferable knowledge in either (or multiple) of the following fields of intervention: CC CM UDOC, WASH, Shelter/infrastructure
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.