People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in the Republic of Moldova since 2003 and has an office in Chisinau, implementing projects in the field of social, economic development, civil society, and youth development and education.
Duty Station: Chisinau, with periodical travel to other projects destinations throughout Moldova
Purpose & Reporting Structure
The Projects Assistant will be responsible for overall daily projects work and administrative tasks for PIN’s office in Chisinau and will be directly responsible for logistical components of the two (2) Key Projects (and other PIN’s projects occasionally). The Incumbent will work in close coordination with People in Need’s senior management in Moldova, namely the Projects Managers and the Head of Programmes.
- Administrates and supports project activities in close cooperation with Projects Managers and beneficiaries.
- Ensures efficient coordination of the project activities, including those in the regions.
- Conducts regular field visits to monitor field activities, provides advisory support to beneficiaries.
- Contributes to development of narrative reports on projects implementation.
- Contributes to the translation of projects’ related documents.
- Monitors progress, identifies areas for interventions and suggests solutions.
- Contributes to partnership building among projects’ beneficiaries.
- ELO – all projects specific files/contracts, associated to technical specifications related to the nature of the projects’ activities are under the responsibility of the Projects Assistant or PM (Preparing Contracts/If needed, Uploading in ELO).
- Keeps project documentation (hard copies and on ELO) and works with finance and logistics staff to ensure all project procurements and contracts follow PIN and donor procedures.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of political science, international relations, public administration, social sciences is preferred.
- Civic activism background, volunteering, membership in local civil society groups as a big advantage.
- Planning & Organizing – ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Outstanding Communication – Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent command of English, Romanian and Russian.
- Translation experience as advantage, but not a requirement.
- Good working knowledge of MS office and high computer literacy is required, interest in online tools would be welcomed.
- Highly organized & attentive to small details.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others.
- Experience with budget management, projects administration as an advantage.
Reports to the Project Manager and accountable to Head of Programmes, People in Need Moldova.
Start of Assignment
The assignment is expected to start as soon as possible.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English).
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/FE6AA56BC6/apply/ and use subject heading: Ref: Projects Assistant.
Deadline for applications: December 28, 2021, by COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.