The National Consultant is expected to provide communication and media support for the NAP2 Project by developing the gender responsive Communication and Outreach Strategy, annual communication plan and promote the results of the project using various tools and events.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Develop Project’s gender responsive Communication & Outreach Strategy and Action Plan aligned with project objectives and activities;
- Lead and coordinate the development of the project’s branding elements with service providers and the project team, in line with UNDP and GCF requirements;
- Develop the project’s media/communication package to include, at minimum, the following materials developed in Romanian, English and Russian languages: (i) Project Factsheet; (ii) Flyer/Brochure;
- Coordinate production of printed promotional materials (e.g. banners, posters, pens, folders, notebooks, bags, or/and other as agreed by the project);
- Provide required support for organization of the Inception workshop in terms of media outreach and visibility actions. Develop press-release about the launching of the project, invite media, arrange interviews.
Requirements for experience:
- University degree in public relations, communication, journalism, social science or related areas. Additional degree/training and certification in communication/new media is an asset;
Years of experience:
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in working with mass media, experience in communications, social media or related relevant fields;
- Proven experience in event organization and informational materials development;
- Proven understanding of mass media in the Republic of Moldova (please, include a database of media editorship (at least 10, without personal contacts);
- Experience in the coordination and administration of communication activities for international organization would be an asset;
Competencies (will be tested):
- Professional fluency in Russian, Romanian and English languages and excellent writing skills;
- Proven understanding of online media and new communication trends;
- Ability to think creatively, to develop and implement innovative solutions for traditional issues;
- Fluency in written and spoken Romanian and English is required for this assignment, Russian is an asset;
- Proven commitment to the core values of the United Nations; in particular, is respectful of differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status;
- Responsibility, flexibility, and punctuality.
The United Nations in Moldova is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: