Name position: Project Coordinator
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Chisinau, Moldova
Start date: October
- Organizational context
Public Association “Law Centre of Advocates” (LCA) is a public association, a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit association registered at the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Moldova on 24 February 1997. The LCA's primary propose is to promote the human rights of people in need of international protection (refugees, asylum-seekers), stateless people, people at risk of becoming stateless and vulnerable immigrants (including foreigners detained in public custody) who are most marginalized and at risk of human rights violations.
LCA is looking for a qualified person for the vacant position of the project coordinator “Legal aid to stateless persons in Moldova” Project and “Legal assistance to refugees and asylum-seekers in Moldova” Project. This is a full - time (100%) until 31 December 2020, subject to further extension based on good performance.
- Ensure the core Project Documents (Agreement, Personnel list, Budget, Monthly Progress Reports, and Annexes of PPA) are developed and updated to reflect the project performance.
- Manages the day-to-day human, financial and administrative resources of the good working of the project.
- Manage and continuously monitor the activities of the project team and assign tasks to project teams and assist with schedule management.
- Ensure regular and on-time monitoring and monthly reporting on Project management aspects including phased budget and actual expenses analysis, work-plan progress and updating, procurement plan revision, and analysis and monitoring of indicators and ensure that the performance of the project is proceeding following the work plan and expected results/outputs.
- Oversee project procurement management (tenders; evaluation vendors, elaboration draft of the contracts etc.).
- Represent LCA at relevant meetings with UNHCR and participate at all relevant coordination meetings; ad-hoc meetings requested by the donor or relevant governmental authorities.
- Monitor that the beneficiaries of the Project received qualified assistance and make sure that beneficiaries’ needs are met as projects evolve.
- Develop and monthly/midyear and annual reports for on the achievement vs the initial plans.
- Supervise and ensure the process of preparing and signing contracts with economic agents and all relevant stakeholders related to successful projects implementation.
- Ensure visibility of the projects.
- Participate in all necessary meetings, events, trainings, workshops organized by UNHCR and LCA upon request etc.
III. Qualifications and skills required:
- University degree, preferably in law and management
- at least 2 years of relevant project management experience with NGOs and international organizations
- fluency in Romanian, Russian and English. This will be tested (please indicate in resume the level of knowledge of all three languages)
- ability to produce high-level written material under tight deadlines
- strong organizational skills, initiative and follow-through, ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and team-oriented yet able to work independently
- excellent communication skill
- computer skills
- willingness to work with people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds
- adhere to the core values of the United Nations; in particular, is respectful of differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status
- All communications and documentation related to the assignment are in English and Romanian.
- The project coordinator will work under the guidance of LCA Executive Director.
The Law Center of Advocates is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter by e-mail to: [email protected] by 6 October 2020 by COB.
Start date of the job: As soon as possible.
Only selected candidates will be invited to the interview.