The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Innovation Management within its project “Support to the Moldovan Government in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda”.
The following responsibilities are included in the assignment:
- Managing the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Innovation Fund for innovative small-scale projects;
- Preparation of documents related to the SDG Innovation Fund and liaison with Fund’s management structures, including the representatives from various stakeholder groups;
- Serve as a first contact point for the Fund beneficiaries on matters relating to the implementation and administration the funding and projects;
- Mobilising additional resources to be streamed for the implementation of the small-scale projects through e.g. organization of events, facilitating outreach activities, networking and cooperation with potential investors and donors;
- Putting forward measures for assuring sustainability and up-scaling of the small-scale projects supported through the SDG Innovation Fund;
- Ensuring learning and exchange amongst the small-scale projects incl. the exchange of best practices and transfer of knowledge when applicable;
- Assure knowledge management and reporting on the overall Project;
- Assure the coordination of communication and visibility for the overall Project.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in business administration, economics, innovation management, public administration, international relations, development studies or other related areas;
- Additional training and certification in project management would be an advantage;
- At least 5 years of professional working experience in areas of innovation management, business development or consulting;
- At least 5 years of professional experience related to project management that required coordination of several projects at the same time;
- Previous proven experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, civil society organisations or private sector/consulting firm is a strong advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian;
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova or German is an asset;
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Ability to create an environment that fosters collaboration and innovative thinking;
- Capacity to identify and promote new and innovative approaches of learning and performing tasks;
- Proactive, energetic and committed;
- Displays integrity and inclusivity;
- Awareness and practical knowledge on how to apply the Leave no one behind (LNOB) principle;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 16th of October 2020, time 17:00, to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.