The German Development Cooperation (GIZ) is looking for an Advisor on Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Municipal Level Support to join the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy for the Republic of Moldova project team. This project is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. It aims to support the Republic of Moldova to reach its goals in energy transition to become more energy efficient and increase the use of renewable energy.
This position is planned to start in November 2023 and last for a 12-month period with the possibility to be extended, based on a successful employment period and project extension.
The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- managing activities under the topics energy efficiency (EE) and renewable energy (RE) that are targeting cooperation with and support of selected municipalities, including the organisation of Learning Energy Efficiency Networks (LEEN) approaches
- managing exchange between municipalities and the Agency for Energy Efficiency AEE (one of the implementation partners), when necessary
- assisting in providing professional advisory services to and in cooperation with above mentioned stakeholders
- contributing to innovation and knowledge management of the project
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. energy, economics)
- Recognized expertise and work experience on energy efficiency issues, tools and processes
- Sound basic knowledge on renewable energy (technologies, policies, frameworks)
- Understanding of Moldovan governance structures, especially related to energy
- Expertise related to municipal structures in Moldova is considered an asset
- At least 5 years professional experience related to energy, preferably energy efficiency
- Language skills: native Moldovan and excellent English (both spoken and written); knowledge of German an asset
- Strong work ethics and sense of responsibility
- Organizational and project management skills
- Very good communication skills and commitment to teamwork
- Ability to provide substantive, clear and concise contributions to knowledge products
- Excellent knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Willingness to upskill as required by tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Skills in defining problems, collecting data and processing information
- Ability to organize, to work independently and to meet deadlines
- Ability to transmit knowledge in a user-oriented way
- Results oriented performance
- Willingness to travel (locally and abroad) occasionally
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter (in English) shall be sent not later than 10 November 2023, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Termen extins. Expert în Evaluarea Strategiei CONTACT
- APSCF contractează servicii de consultanță în domeniul advocacy
- Finance and Administration Manager
- HelpAge Moldova selectează formator/ formatoare pentru facilitarea sesiunii de instruire în scrierea proiectelor
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic in Hagimus
- Gender and Inclusion Analyst (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant privind regulile de tehnică legislativă
- Concurs pentru selectarea a unui/unei consultant/consultante pentru instruirea cadrelor didactice de sprijin și psihologilor privind oferirea suportului individualizat pentru copiii romi
- Internews in Moldova is hiring Finance Specialist
- Extended deadline: NDI Moldova Job Vacancy, Senior Program Assistant - Democratization