People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest reliefs and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Short description of the project
People in Need is recruiting a Project Assistant who will take responsibility for management and coordination of selected components under the Regional Project “Resilient Civil Society and Media Respond to the Ukraine War”, funded by the European Union and implemented by People in Need Moldova. The intention of the project is to contribute to a resilient civil society and independent media from Moldova empowered to respond to the evolving needs of those affected by the Ukraine war.
The Project Assistant is responsible for overall project support including assistance to project administration, procurement, coordination of project events and activities, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and other on demand tasks of the Country Programme.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Project Assistant will work under the supervision of Project Manager and Head of Programmes (and in close coordination with the Grant Manager) and acts as one of the main points of contact for the donor, project partners and other project stakeholders in Moldova. Some on demand tasks can be assigned by other Project Managers (particularly civil society development) or senior Country Programme management.
In particular the Project Assistant shall work to:
- Coordinate the logistics of particular program activities and administration of project documentation;
- Contribute to the organizational tasks related to capacity building of the organizations supported by the project;
- Draft project documents including Terms of Reference, official letters, reports etc.;
- Ensure quality and relevance of project outputs, suggest adjustments as necessary;
- Perform other duties that are essential for the quality implementation of activities.
The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to details and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving.
- A university degree in relevant field.
- Professionalism – Proven communication and negotiation skills
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
- Innovative and critical thinking.
- Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian required. Knowledge of Ukrainian language is considered a strong asset.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references (could be included the supervisor in the most recent work assignment).
The above shall be sent to the following address: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/578C2536AE/apply/ and use subject heading: Ref: Project Assistant/Civil Society
Deadline for applications: November 11th, 2022, by COB.
The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis. Application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keeping such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending an according notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.