Hospices of Hope is the leading palliative care charity in South Eastern Europe with 30 years’ experience in the field. Here at hospice we believe that everyone deserves the best possible care at the end of life. However in developing countries like Romania, Serbia, Moldova and Albania many patients still die in pain without being offered any physical, spiritual or emotional comfort. In the Republic of Moldova we have been working for over 12 years. Hospices of Hope Moldova has currently the focus on increasing access to palliative care services on the national level while working and supporting a network of local organizations in Orhei, Soroca. Ocnita, Taraclia and Cahul that dedicate their services to those that are suffering of life limiting conditions.
FUNDRAISER Full Time. Evening and weekend work for events might be expected during big annual events. Some travel might be involved. Reports to Country Manager
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop fundraising plan and strategies to achieve desired goals
- Managing a database of prospective and current donors (each for their own responsible segment)
- Involvement in face-to-face work, formal pitches
- Event management from coming up with an idea to planning and execution.
- Developing individual relationships with major donors and community fundraisers
- Take part in strategic planning to increase awareness of the organization
- Communicate with the mass media to promote the organization and events
- Manage and develop the organization’s social media, newsletters, promotional videos and website
- Work to develop and deliver marketing and promotional materials in Romanian, Russian and English
- Promote the work and activities of the organization in Moldova and beyond
- Create a strong presence and ensure smooth delivery of all events
- Other duties as required by Country Manager
Requirements and qualifications
- Empathy and positive attitude towards our cause.
- Fundraising is all about strategy, organization, research, marketing, administration, inspiration and motivation. You’ll also need excellent communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues
- Knowledgeable researcher
- Great networker
- Innovative and creative individual
- Team player
- University degree, minimum BA level
- Experience in fundraising, marketing, event management and/or sales of minimum 3-5 years
- Previous work experience in charities, desirable not mandatory
- Driving license
Those interested are invited to send their CV and cover letter to Hospices of Hope Country Manager Lara Moraru at [email protected] by February 28. Please write in the subject of the email which job are you applying for.