DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellency standards for court services.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Director of Operations to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, is responsible for the overall efficient implementation of all administrative and logistical aspects of the project
- Supervises all project’s financial management and accounting aspects, including budget development and justification, ongoing budget analysis, and execution
- Prepares and reviews all payments before they are presented to signatory authorities, ensuring accuracy of figures, legitimacy and sufficiency of supporting documents, and that charges are made to appropriate account codes
- Develops all financial reports before submitting them for approval to the Chief of Party and the Home Office
- Ensures general control of petty cash
- Monitors cash balances in bank account
- Supervises the work of the Subcontracts and Grants Manager, Program Assistant, and Logistics Assistant
- Is responsible for supervising and coordinating the entire recruitment process of long-term and short-term personnel, including advertising, interviewing, drafting selection memos and developing all employment, consultancy, and service contracts
- Ensures the smooth implementation of the logistics related to short-term international and local consultants contracted within the project
- Supervises the procurement of equipment and services, including
- completing the contractual details of a standard form of contract
- ensuring compliance with Checchi and USAID contracting procedures
- preparing requests for quotes/proposals and verifying the conformity of the submitted offers with the requirements requested
- price negotiation, as needed
- verification of the correspondence of the equipment/service purchased/contracted with the specified standards
- Supervises the proper use of all office equipment and supplies
- Ensures office cleaning services
- In coordination with Component leaders, oversees the smooth logistics for seminars, workshops, and events organized by the project, including printing materials, providing premises, logistics for participants, use of banners, signs, etc.
- Contacts state institutions and subcontractors regarding issues related to customs, visas, and other related issues
- Solves banking problems
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in economics, finance, accounting or a related field;
- Proven minimum 3 (three) years of experience in similar positions in international organizations; experience in USAID-funded projects is a strong advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Moldovan accounting, tax and labor law;
- Experience with developing, reviewing and implementing project budgets is required;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and efficiently coordinate several ongoing tasks;
- Experience in supervising more junior team members, guiding them towards task completion;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of Quickbooks software required;
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills;
- Fluency in Romanian, very good knowledge of English and Russian.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Director of Operations” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.