COURT PERFORMANCE SPECIALIST
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court services.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Court Performance Specialist to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Court Performance Adviser, assist with the design and implementation of all technical aspects of project activities
- Work closely with the Model Court Coordinators to implement all MCI activities in courts, design and implement Court Improvement Plans (CIPs), and expand best practices to other Moldovan courts
- Assist with development and implementation of court performance standards and metrics, and with the implementation of CIPs and associated best court practices at the model court level
- Design and deliver training activities for Model Courts and other court representatives, related to capacity building, court performance tools, statistics analysis, and other areas relevant for improving court performance
- Make recommendations for enhancements or expansion of the court improvement standards
- Organize project activities and events; including seminars, workshops, visits of experts, in-court initiatives and other project activities at the regional, local, and court level;
- Interact with the Moldovan courts, the Agency of Court Administration, and other relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the Policy and Collaboration Advisor, the Communications and Outreach Specialist, the ICT Management Specialist, and other project staff to implement, expand and inform the stakeholders about best practices in the Moldovan judiciary
- Cooperate with the MEL Specialist to monitor, analyze, and improve the project’s performance
- Carry out other attributions consistent with improving the activity of the Moldovan judiciary.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in law;
- Proven minimum 2 (two) years of legal or judicial reform experience in international organizations, NGOs or state bodies;
- Good understanding of the reforms and developments in the judicial system of Moldova;
- Good knowledge of the current Case Management System (CMS), electronic statistics, and the performance indicators used by the Moldovan courts will be a strong advantage;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to supervise and mentor more junior team members, guiding them towards task completion;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills;
- Fluency in Romanian, very good knowledge of English and Russian;
- USAID or other donor experience would be an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Court Performance Specialist” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.