COURT PERFORMANCE ADVISOR
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court services.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Court Performance Advisor to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, coordinate all technical aspects of project management and implementation
- Participate in meetings with the Chief of Party and the Director of Operations on important technical, budget and administrative issues, thus being ready to take over as Acting Chief of Party, in the absence of the Chief of Party
- Serve as the link between the project and the Moldovan courts, the Agency of Court Administration, and other relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate the development and use of court performance standards and metrics, and will be responsible for the implementation of Court Improvement Plans and associated court excellence practices at the model court level
- In cooperation with the Policy and Collaboration Advisor, contribute to expanding international best practices in all Moldovan courts
- In collaboration with the ICT Management Specialist, provide support for the development and implementation of IT tools in Moldovan courts
- Cooperate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to monitor, analyze and improve the project’s performance
- Supervise, guide and evaluate the work of the Court Performance Specialist and two Model Courts Coordinators
- Draft recommendations for legislative and regulatory changes to improve court performance
- Contribute to developing Project weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Carry out other tasks consistent with improving the activity of the Moldovan judiciary.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in law; Master Degree in Law strongly preferred;
- Minimum of five years of work experience either a) as justice sector personnel with specific responsibilities for court performance; or b) advising, training, or providing technical assistance to judges, court administrators, or other justice sector personnel;
- Demonstrated ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomatic skills with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of law, legal procedures, relevant international standards and Moldovan court system;
- Good understanding of the reforms and developments in the judicial system of Moldova;
- Previous experience with working with Moldovan courts is a strong advantage;
- Previous experience in drafting regulations and legal opinions is strongly preferred;
- Good knowledge of the current Case Management System (CMS), electronic statistics, and the performance indicators used by the Moldovan courts will be an asset;
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to supervise and mentor more junior team members, guiding them towards task completion;
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Fluency in Romanian, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, very good knowledge of Russian;
- USAID or other donor experience would be an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Court Performance Advisor” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.