ICT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
USAID-funded Effective Justice Project
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is an international development firm based in the United States of America, which is implementing a USAID-funded Effective Justice Project in Moldova. Effective Justice will assist the Government of Moldova to implement a Model Court Initiative (MCI) program aimed at improving the efficiency, performance, and quality of court services based on best international practices and in line with international excellence standards for court services.
Checchi and Company Consulting Inc. is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of ICT Management Specialist to serve on the Project.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the COP, oversee all project-supported online services development and their implementation in Moldovan courts
- Collaborate with project staff and relevant stakeholders to identify opportunities for developing and implementing ICT in Moldovan judiciary
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, develop the Terms of Reference for all IT-related procurements, and participate in interviewing and selection of vendors
- Provide supervision, quality control and evaluation of the competitively selected ICT subcontractors
- Design and deliver ICT-related training to court staff and other stakeholders
- Serve as the link between the project and the Moldovan courts, the Agency of Court Administration, and other relevant stakeholders with regards to ICT tools use in courts
- Carry out other tasks consistent with implementing ICT in the Moldovan courts.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in IT or a related field
- Proven minimum 3 (three) years of experience in similar positions in international organizations, NGOs or state bodies
- Previous experience with supervising IT development products for Moldovan state bodies
- Good understanding of the reforms and developments in the judicial system of Moldova
- Experience with providing capacity building and training of state employees
- Good knowledge of the current Case Management System (CMS), electronic statistics, and the performance indicators used by the Moldovan courts will be a strong advantage
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in Romanian, very good knowledge of English and Russian
- USAID or other donor experience would be an advantage.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2021 at 18:00. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English at the email address email@example.com, noting “ICT Management Specialist” in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.