GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Public Administration Reform and Training System for its project “Attractive and Efficient Public Administration in the Republic of Moldova”, which is financed by the German Government.
This position is expected to start on the 1st of March 2024, for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension.
The Advisor will be having the primary role of coordinating cooperation with the State Chancellery (political partner of the project) and the Institute of Public Administration of the Republic of Moldova, of planning and implementing project activities with the stakeholders, and of contributing to innovation and knowledge management of the project.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- coordinates joint project activities with the State Chancellery and the Institute of Public Administration,
- delivers first-hand knowledge and expertise / ad-hoc advice on advancing the Public Administration Reform Strategy to the State Chancellery,
- supports the Institute of Public Administration in extending its curriculum for civil servants by improving existing training modules and developing new training modules,
- facilitates exchange between the State Chancellery and counterparts in other countries,
- identifies capacity building needs and develops strategies to build capacities,
- designs, prepares, and implements workshops, capacity building measures and other events on issues connected with the project’s work plan in the field of the Reform of the Civil Service,
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with political and implementation partners
- compiles relevant information to be shared with the main stakeholders of the project,
- ensures the fruitful exchange between the project and its cooperation partners,
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue between the project partners, relevant organizations, and non-governmental stakeholders in the project environment,
- ensures that all project activities are embedded in the overall strategy and further activities of GIZ Moldova,
- ensures project communication both GIZ internally and externally,
- develops strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures,
- draws up reports and presentation documents, including good practice cases internationally,
- prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports and outreach material,
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication, and documentation with a specific focus on implementation area 2 of the project which aims at improving the capacities of the State Chancellery to steer and implement its reform plans for the Moldovan Civil Service,
- coordinates relevant project activities at national level in consultation with the head of project and in cooperation with the partners,
- coordinates external consultants, including preparation of terms of reference, contract negotiations, communication with GIZ procurement unit, as well as deliverables of consultants, quality assurance and internal/external reporting.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., economics, public management, law, political science),
- Sound knowledge of Civil Service Reform and Human Resource Management in the public sector (policies, frameworks, institutions),
- Understanding of Moldovan governance structures, especially related to Capacity Development in the Civil Service,
- First-hand experience with governmental entities is considered an asset,
- First-hand experience in training or higher education institutions is considered an asset,
- At least 5 years of experience in working in public administration or advising public administration on matters of Strategy development and coordination (e.g., in/with the State Chancellery or in strategic positions in other government entities),
- At least 3 years of experience in managing capacity developing measures and developing training curricula for civil servants,
- Language skills: Native Romanian and excellent English (both spoken and written); knowledge of German an asset,
- Strong work ethics and sense of responsibility,
- Organizational and project management skills,
- Very good communication skills and commitment to teamwork,
- Ability to provide substantive, clear, and concise contributions to knowledge products,
- Excellent knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g., MS Office),
- Willingness to upskill as required by tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management,
- Skills in defining problems, collecting data and processing information,
- Ability to organize, to work independently and to meet deadlines,
- Ability to transmit knowledge in a user-oriented way,
- Results oriented performance,
- Willingness to travel (locally and abroad) occasionally,
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references, and motivation letter (in English) shall be sent not later than 23 February 2024, time 15:00 to the address email@example.com. Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
The applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- USAID/Moldova Vacancy Announcement - Project Management Assistant (Design and Strategy)
- GIZ - Financial and Administrative Specialist
- Fundraiser în organizație non-comercială, A.O. ''CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale''
- Acted is hiring Site Mangement Project Officer
- UPDATE - termen limită - 29 ianuarie - Dreamups angajează: Expert/ă în Managementul Organizațional
- Invest Moldova - Șef Secție Suport la Etapa Postinvestițională (Aftercare)
- Asociația Promo-LEX anunță concurs de selectare pentru poziția de Monitor al finanțelor partidelor politice la nivel local în cinci unități administrativ teritoriale: Ocnița, Orhei, Ștefan Vodă, Strășeni, Basarabeasca (5 persoane)
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru poziția de SMM reporter/ă
- Project Analyst /Social Cohesion (NPSA-9) - Effective Governance Cluster- 16314
- Internews în Moldova angajează Specialist în Finanțe