The Programme Associate position is located in the UNFPA Moldova Country Office and directly reports to the Programme Analyst on Population and Development (PD). The Programme Associate is part of the Population and Development Portfolio and works in close collaboration with the Programme Support Team.
The Programme Associate supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme on PD by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. The Programme Associate applies established systems and procedures and assists in the creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to population and development issues. S/he is instrumental in facilitating programme/ project implementation using and developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. In the Republic of Moldova, UNFPA is implementing its fourth Country Programme for 2023-2027, which is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2023 – 2027 for the Republic of Moldova.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Associate provides programmatic and administrative support to the development and implementation of UNFPA's Country Programme, and is instrumental in facilitating programme/project implementation by using appropriate mechanisms and systems, and ensuring compliance with established rules, policies and procedures. The Programme Associate also undertakes assigned research tasks, and provides financial management and operational and procedural guidance to Implementing Partners.
You would be responsible for:
A. Effective Support to the Preparation, Implementation and Monitoring of the Population and Development Programmes:
- Effective Support to the Preparation, Implementation and Monitoring of the Programmes implemented under the PD Portfolio. Participate in the preparation of the CO programme and project proposals by compiling and analyzing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance, compiling project documents and work plans and preparing tables and statistical data.
- In coordination with assigned programme staff national counterparts and PD program team, guide the routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating delivery of project inputs and ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders and national counterparts in training activities and study tours;
- Ensure consolidation of team plans: leave and travel plans ahead of CO plan as well as main event plan and organization.
- Maintain and update project files of assigned programme staff, including Annual Work Plans signed, revised and project progress reports, and budgets in compliance with corporate guidelines, including lesson learned, evaluations and studies.
- Monitor and report on core and non-core expenditures by implementing partners.
- Consolidate and maintain the inventory of pipeline projects for submission to donors for co-financing.
- In collaboration with assigned programme staff, operations and assigned Implementing partners, assist in financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, identifying any operational and financial problems, and contributing to the development of solutions.
- Assist in the organization, recording and reporting (minute writing, and participants list) of periodic coordination meetings. Ensure timely schedule, invitations and confirmations are done.
- Support the registration of new projects, raise/process requisitions, and ensure timely follow-up of requests for direct payment to suppliers or advance of funds to projects in accordance with the procedures and approved work plans.
- Assist in the planning, organization, and duly reporting (back to office reports) of all team traveling. Ensure timely schedule, bookings and confirmations are done.
- Ensure that implementing partners submit FACE Forms on time, in correct format and both narrative and financial.
- Assist in conducting assessments of programme performance to identify success factors and compile a list of best practices.
- Effectively support evaluation of programme activities: establishing and implementing mechanisms to systematically assess the achievement of results, undertake periodic field visits, participate in review meetings and prepare regular inputs to status and progress reports.
- Contributing to HACT assurance activities in regard with assigned implementing partners.
- Participate in training and guiding assigned implementing partners, project personnel and programme staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
- Support implementation of audit and evaluation recommendations.
- Translate working documents from Romanian to English and vice versa as required.
B. Research and Knowledge Management Sharing:
- Assist in the creation of substantive knowledge relevant to a specific programme area through research, synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Maintaining the programme filing, archiving and e-archiving systems, as well as uploading to the CO intranet and maintaining the relevant sections.
C. Programme Finance and Operational Support:
- Initiate procurement request for the projects and the team, as assigned by his/her supervisor, ensuring compliance with UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Generate financial and programmatic reports for the country programme as required.
- Perform General User, Supplier Maintenance and Programme Associate profiles related functions in corporate ERP.
- Ensure that payment requests related to assigned programmes are channeled to the relevant operations staff.
- Support to Advocacy and Implementation of the CO's resource mobilization strategy by compiling and synthesizing relevant background materials for use in discussions and public events.
- Act as a back-up on selected functions to other Programme Associates during their absence.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
University degree in business/public administration, finance, economics or relevant social science discipline, and/or other related areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in programme planning, monitoring and data support systems and in financial management in private, national and/or international organizations.
- At least five years of previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO.
- Previous experience with UN/UNFPA is a very strong advantage.
- Experience in financial management is desirable and will be considered as an asset.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Knowledge of corporate ERP system is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Logistical support.
• Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports.
• Managing information and workflow.
• Planning, organizing and multi-tasking.
• Managing financial processes.
• Job knowledge/technical expertise.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA Work Environment:
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, diversity, integrity and healthy work-life balance. We are committed to ensuring gender parity in the organization and therefore encourage women to apply. Individuals from the LGBTQIA+ community, minority ethnic groups, indigenous populations, persons with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities in terms of appointment, training, compensation and selection for all regardless of personal characteristics and dimensions of diversity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is at the heart of UNFPA's workforce - click here to learn more.
Selection and appointment may be subject to background and reference checks, medical clearance, visa issuance and other administrative requirements.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process and does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 25 February 2024, 17.00 ET
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Two Legal Analyst Positions - CILC Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- Internews in Moldova is hiring Finance Specialist
- Rețeaua Națională LEADER prelungește anunțul de selectare a unui expert pentru elaborarea manualului de grant al organizației
- Termen extins. Expert în Evaluarea Strategiei CONTACT
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de auditor intern, Serviciul audit intern
- Project Assistant, Case Management, IOM Moldova
- AAH is hiring WASH Project Officer
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist consultant, Direcția Cercetări Aplicate
- Termen extins: APSCF contractează prestator servicii de audit financiar
- Laolaltă angajează Manager/ă Financiar/ă