IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is an eight-year program administered by IREX and funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program’s purpose is to a) improve the capacity of local authorities, including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, and b) build on this work with localities to improve the functionality of fiscal, administrative, and political arrangements between the central and local governments to improve public services for residents of Moldova and increase their trust in public sector institutions. The main beneficiaries are the first level local public administrations along with the Government of Moldova, civic groups and local businesses that, in collaboration, work on developing their communities and improving availability, quality and effectiveness of public services across Republic of Moldova.
The Program Coordinator will contribute to the implementation of Objective 3 “Decentralization Policy Reforms” activities by undertaking administrative and programmatic tasks. Responsibilities include providing support in the design, solicitation, award, and monitoring of grant awards, contribution on drafting scopes of work, programmatic work plans and reports, providing logistical support in event organization, communication with stakeholders; and ensuring close coordination with other Objectives of the CM program. The incumbent will be responsible for the performance of the assigned tasks within the Comunitatea Mea Program, including meeting programmatic goals and remaining compliant with IREX and USAID regulations. He/She will report to the Policy and Research Program Manager. The position is based in the Chisinau project office with travel as needed throughout Moldova and regular phone and videoconference communication with Washington, DC-based staff.
Your Background & Skills
- Must demonstrate valid proof of unrestricted work authorization in Moldova.
- Bachelor’s degree, in public administration, economics, law, business administration or related field preferred.
- 2 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience working for the non-governmental sector; prior experience working with relevant Moldova government agencies or international development partners.
- Previous experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Knowledge of formal and informal processes of policy development, adoption, and implementation and/or familiarity with reform programs preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to meet deadlines (skills related to organization, time management, communication and collaboration).
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Good knowledge and understanding of central and local public administration, good governance, and civil society issues.
- Ability to work with figures, undertake basic research, and gather information from standard sources.
- Verbal and written communication in English and Romanian strongly preferred. Russian speaking desired
- Demonstrated capacity in facilitation, communication, research, and organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Teams/Zoom/Google communications.
Your Daily Tasks
- Provide support in tracking and analyzing activity progress toward project objectives and/or in tracking project indicator data.
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to program administration processes and support the knowledge management and programmatic file storage of the Policy Objective (Internal Database Application (IDA)).
- Contribute to drafting work plans, monthly plans, weekly, quarterly and annual reports and other project strategy documents for the Policy Objective. Contribute to the identification, recruitment, and management of short-term experts.
- Support the design, solicitation, award, and monitoring of grant awards.
- Support the creation of project materials, including but not limited to formal correspondence/letters/agreements, project fact sheets, minutes of the meetings, issue briefs, policy papers, research summaries, and scopes of work and reports for and by consultants.
- Contribute to drafting scopes of work for national and international consultants.
- Evaluate subcontractor proposals and oversee subcontract technical implementation.
- Ensure collaboration and coordination with CM program activities.
- Manage logistics for events, roundtables, and meetings.
- Support of formal and informal communications in compliance with the CM, and USAID requirements as well as with the national legislation.
- Contribute to the delivery of activities on the ground, and ensure communication with program beneficiaries, including Objective grantees.
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments.
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as assigned.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework. The eligible employee is regular, full-time Moldova-based staff who works from a worksite outside the Moldova office for one or more days a week.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Application deadline: September 27, 2023, 6:00 PM (Republic of Moldova time)
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Institutul de Instruire în Dezvoltare „MilleniuM” caută profesor/ profesoară de limba română
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Fundatia de Binefacere Caritas Moldova anunță concurs de selectare a unei Companii de Audit
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project
- Asociația Obștească CCF Moldova anunță concurs de selectare unui sociolog
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al Direcției Integrare Europeană și Relații Internaționale
- Институт Обучения в Развитии "MilleniuM" ищет преподавателя математики
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal în raportări
- Centrul Internațional ,,La Strada” anunță concurs pentru angajarea unui/unei jurist/-e al/a Serviciului Integrat Regional din Ungheni pentru victimele violenței sexuale
- AO „Părinți Solidari” anunță concurs pentru contractarea unui expert/e în dezvoltare organizațională