GIZ is looking for an Advisor for its project “Info Trust Alliance Moldova”, which is financed by the German Government. The new project aims to improve the capabilities of mandated state actors in the Republic of Moldova to recognize and analyze disinformation and to implement appropriate countermeasures, if necessary, also on a cross-border basis (with Romania, Ukraine).
This position is expected to start on the 01st of October 2023 for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension. The Advisor will be responsible for covering the project activities in Chisinau.
The Advisor will be based in Chisinau having the primary role to advise governmental, municipal,
and civil society organizations to build capacities and structures for strategic communication and for countering disinformation campaigns.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- advise core staff of governmental organizations on good practices for a coordinated crisis response in countering disinformation
- advise and support core staff of governmental organizations on the development of measures to counter fake information (on TV, radio, print, online media), using relevant tools and practices, among them social media networks
- identify gaps and training needs in governmental partner organizations and support the development of relevant training and/or coaching and/or mentoring measures for core staff of these organizations, with the aim of improving their technical skills to identify, analyze, and monitor instances of disinformation and detect trends
- conduct context analyses (as to the use of the tools and media of disinformation campaigns, their targets and language), displaying trends of disinformation, feed the results of these context analyses into exchange formats for discussions between state and non-state actors
- support the development of an Advisory Board to the possible new ‘Unit for Strategic Communication’ to promote the exchange between governmental and non-governmental actors
- develop and conduct training courses for core staff of governmental organizations to become proficient in the use of newly purchased digital equipment and software
- create and use synergies from other GIZ projects (e.g. PARF)
- contribute to knowledge management within the project, GIZ Moldova and GIZ Headquarters
- academic degree in social/political sciences such as psychology/organizational psychology/sociology, communication/journalism/media or a comparable course of study
- several years of work experience, preferably at GIZ or other development-oriented international organizations, in advising state, municipal and/or civil society actors on building capacities and structures for strategic communication as well as for countering disinformation campaigns
- strong background in data collection and analysis
- experience with the use of social networks for communication
- in-depth experience in the use of digital tools and social networks for strategic communication
- strong diplomatic, managerial, organizational, and networking skills
- high level of commitment, team spirit, reliability
- business fluency in English and Romanian; knowledge of Russian is a strong asset
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova
Applications, including detailed CV, references, and motivation letter (in English) shall be sent not later than 18th of September 2023, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Anunț privind selectarea unui tânăr cercetător pentru stagii în cadrul Ministerului Energiei Republicii Moldova
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office Moldova
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy for the Development of the Policy Document on Digitalization of the Education Sector
- UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- Extended Deadline: Programme Manager on Social Protection, SB4.3, Chisinau, Moldova
- UNV Procurement and Finance Associate - UNDP Moldova/M4EG project
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă cu profil juridic, Direcția rezoluție bancară
- Product Manager: Government Mobile Application (EVO App) / Chemonics International
- Inginer junior în domeniul energiei electrice